Tag Archives: nielsen
Tue, Feb 10, 2009 | 09:15 GMT
EEDAR and Nielsen have teamed up to provide “detailed analysis of historical marketing campaigns in the video game industry,” the pair announced this morning.
Nearly $1 billion was spent in marketing game in the US last year. The new partnership is aimed at providing insight into what works and what doesn’t. There is a recession going on, after all.
“EEDAR is very pleased to work with The Nielsen Company – one of the most trusted names in marketing research,” said EEDAR boss, Gregory Short.
“The integration of Monitor-Plus marketing data and creative assets into EEDAR technologies will redefine how the video game industry can analyze and best leverage the pivotal role marketing plays in the consumer purchase process.”
Press release after the break.
Mon, Jan 05, 2009 | 09:37 GMT
More people in the US played on their PlayStation 2′s than any other console in 2008, Nielsen’s reported.
PS2 users accounted for 31.7 percent of the nation’s game time, the firm said in a report. Xbox 360 came in second with 17.2 percent, followed by Wii with 16.2 percent of time spent staring at a screen.
The research company also claimed that the first gen Xbox got more playtime than PS3 last year, with the former taking up 9.7 percent of gamers’ lives, versus the latter’s 7.3 percent.
As for PC games, World of Warcraft was 2008′s most played title, seeing an average of around 671 minutes played per week.
Loads more over at Gama.
By Mike Bowden
Thu, Aug 14, 2008 | 07:49 BST
According to this GameDaily piece, a Nielsen piece of research has shown that 17 percent of those buying GTA IV in the US were between the ages of seven and 16.
“61% of these younger gamers indicated that they purchased the M-rated game themselves, with 39% of the young gamers responding that someone else bought the game for them,” Nielsen said.
“Interestingly enough, parents/guardians were pegged as the biggest facilitators for getting the controversial game into the hands of these young respondents, garnering 80% of the response. Friends, siblings and other relatives rounded out the other 20% of the response.”
More through the link.
Tue, Jun 17, 2008 | 12:48 BST
The IGA’s put out a press release claiming that 82 percent of people in a study the company executed with Nielsen reacted positively to contextual in-game advertising.
To quote the release, “One of the most important factors confirmed by the Study is that most consumers reacted positively to in-game ads: 82 percent felt games were just as enjoyable with ads as without. In addition, there was an average 61 percent increase in consumers’ favorable opinions of products advertised in-game post-play.”
Full thing after the drop.
Thu, Jun 05, 2008 | 17:38 BST
Nielsen’s released some stats that claim older games are far more likely to play with a PlayStation 3 than a 360.
In a trial conducted between April 2007 and February 2008, the firm found that, in the 10-26 age group, gaming times was split 64 percent, 12 percent and 25 percent between 360, PS3 and Wii respectively.
In the over 27 year-old bracket, however, the split was 20 percent, 52 percent and 28 percent, again between 360, PS3 and Wii respectively.
Wed, May 28, 2008 | 21:05 BST
Nielsen analysts have just published the results of their Videogamers in Europe 2008 study, revealing that Europe is in fact the second largest gaming territory in the world, ahead of America.
Europe generated €7.3bn for the games industry last year which leaves them just behind Asia.
Across the continent it has been revealed that some 81% of parents actually game with their children, while the average age of gamers in the United Kingdom is 33.
Loads more facts and figures over at Worthplaying.
By Mike Bowden