Tag Archives: Mike Morhaime
Mon, Feb 07, 2011 | 14:21 GMT
Activision’s just announced details of this year’s Blizzcon, taking place from October 21-22.
Fri, Jan 28, 2011 | 09:45 GMT
AIAS has announced plans for a keynote panel for DICE next month, which will include the most recent four entrants into its Hall of Fame.
Thu, Nov 04, 2010 | 22:25 GMT
Blizzard boss Mike Morhaime has confirmed that StarCraft II shipped out 3 million units in its first month of release.
Wed, Oct 27, 2010 | 15:35 BST
Mon, Oct 11, 2010 | 16:15 BST
Activision’s announced Tenacious D will close out this year’s Blizzcon.
Thu, Oct 07, 2010 | 14:32 BST
Blizzard’s just announced World of Warcraft has now hit 12 million subscribers.
Wed, Sep 01, 2010 | 11:33 BST
StarCraft II has sold 3 million units in its first month on sale, Blizzard just announced.
Fri, Aug 06, 2010 | 11:38 BST
Activision CEO Bobby Kotick has said Call of Duty: Black Ops will be getting “the biggest investment” the company has ever made for a title launch.
Tue, Aug 03, 2010 | 14:57 BST
Blizzard’s just announced StarCraft II sold 1 million units last week during its first 24 hours on sale, and 1.5 million during the first 48 hours.
Fri, Jul 09, 2010 | 19:26 BST
Thu, May 06, 2010 | 23:05 BST
Mike Morhaime has said that Blizzard plans on updating lower and mid-level content in WoW so that it is on-par with current expansions on a graphic and gameplay level.
Tue, Apr 27, 2010 | 23:52 BST
Blizzard CEO Mike Morhaime has said that the company intends to find a new e-sports partner for StarCraft in South Korea, due to IP rights.
Thu, Mar 25, 2010 | 15:34 GMT
Blizzard’s formally announced Blizzcon 2010, which will take place on Friday, October 22 and Saturday, October 23.
Thu, Feb 11, 2010 | 09:07 GMT
Blizzard CEO Mike Morhaime said last night that only 30 percent of new World of Warcraft players continuing to play after reaching level 10, with 70 percent dropping out.
Wed, Feb 10, 2010 | 22:35 GMT
Blizzard boss Mike Morhaime just said that World of Warcraft’s subs base is static at 11.5 million users, at the same level it’s been since late 2008. Yep: that means it’s not going up.
Wed, Feb 10, 2010 | 22:53 GMT
StarCraft II’s closed Beta will begin this month, Blizzard boss Mike Morhaime just confirmed.
Thu, Nov 05, 2009 | 22:38 GMT
Blizzard has said that StarCraft II is still on track for launch during the first half of 2010, according to the company’s Q3 financial call to investors.
The developers are continuing to polish the game, driving towards the Beta, and expected game launch during Q2 2010.
It will be massive when it launches though, Mike Morhaime said during the call that the StarCraft II series has sold 11 million units worldwide.
ActiBlizz’s Q3 monetary announcement is still ongoing, so it is quite possible we will hear more during the Q&A.
Fri, Aug 21, 2009 | 22:52 BST
Update: Ripten is reporting that Mike Morhaime has told DirecTV that, while he won’t give a specific date, Diablo III will be released this year.
Okay, now that sounds a lot better than 2011. Shockingly better. Unexpectedly better. Dreamland better.
Still, we will have Nathan poke around for more to be sure. It sounds too good to be true, honestly.
Original Story: Blizzard CEO Mike Morhaime has confirmed to Geoff Keighly and Kate Hunter that the just-revealed World of Warcraft expansion Cataclysm and StarCraft II are only titles the company expects to release in 2010.
So where does this leave Diablo III? Apparently, not in 2010 as expected.
We will have Nathan corner a Blizzard person and get more on this. Make him threaten bodily harm if need be – or at least a heavy tickling.
Thu, Aug 06, 2009 | 08:04 BST
Speaking in the Acti Blizz Q2 earnings call tonight, Blizzard boss Mike Morhaime caved on the subject of whether or not two Blizzard games would release next year, saying it was “correct to conclude” that StarCraft II’s now-confirmed delay into 2010 means the publisher’s about to double up.
Morhaime stated in a previous earnings call that Blizzard plans to release one major game per calendar year.
“I’d just like to reiterate that we haven’t announced any release dates on any future titles, and I’ll also reiterate that the move of StarCraft into next year does not impact the schedule,” he said after being asked whether or not we’ll see two Blizzard games next year twice by two separate analysts.
“So, it would be correct to conclude that you could expect two releases of Blizzard next year, but I would not make any conclusion on what those titles are going to be.”
The second analyst mentioned Diablo as the 2010 game, but, as you can see, Morhaime was having none of it.
StarCraft II was delayed into 2010 tonight to match up with Battle.net’s relaunch in the first half of next year.
Mon, Jun 01, 2009 | 07:09 BST
Blizzard boss Mike Morhaime’s confirmed that StarCraft II will release this year, speaking in a pre-E3 investor webcast.
“We’re targeting an end of year release-this year-for StarCraft II, but, as always, we won’t release it until it meets our standards and the expectations of our players,” he said in the call.
Good news. The RTS’s beta is slated to start this summer.