Tag Archives: Marvel Vs. Capcom 2
Tue, Apr 28, 2009 | 07:46 BST
The PS Blog‘s confirmed that a demo for Marvel Vs Capcom 2 will release exclusively for PS3 this week.
- Two-player local matches
- Six available characters – Ryu, Chun-Li, Strider, Spider-Man, Iron Man and Wolverine
- Seven selectable environments
- Upscaled 1080p graphics
- Widescreen or 4:3 aspect ratio
- Two graphic filter options for character sprites
This is completely awesome. Unless you don’t have a PS3. Hit the link for more.
Tue, Apr 28, 2009 | 07:38 BST
Gamespot’s posted up a five-minute direct-feed movie of Marvel Vs Capcom 2 from CAPTIVATE. Get it after the break.
The ubiquitous Christan Svennson’s talking over the top of it, and there’s tons of play in there.
There’s an impressions article here.
In addition, IGN’s posted up six videos from the same event.
Get all the screens from the assets disc here.
Tue, Apr 28, 2009 | 06:57 BST
Capcom’s confirmed that Marvel Vs Capcom 2 will get an update version for PSN and XBLA this summer. There’s a first teaser video after the break.
- It’s based on the Dreamcast code base – Capcom wanted to being the “best version” into the HD era, apparently.
- There’s online play – Dur.
- HD upscaling options – “Crisp,” “Smooth” and “Classic” visual settings will be included.
- Widescreen – The gameplay area will be in a 4:3 field, while the viewing area will be widescreen. For purists and competitive play, a 4:3 option (with vertical bars on the left and right) will be included.
- No unlocking – All 56 characters will be available from the start of play.
Get all the details here.
Fri, Apr 17, 2009 | 11:11 BST
Capcom hasn’t confirmed the game as yet, but has already said there’ll be more 2D fighter reboots to come from the publisher following the release of the HD version of Street Fighter II.
More soon, hopefully. Thanks Gamerbytes and Blerk.
Tue, Feb 03, 2009 | 16:30 GMT
Evo 2009 will take place on July 17-19 in Las Vegas, the event’s confirmed.
The tournament-heavy gathering focuses solely on fighting games, the roster this year including Street Fighter IV, Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix, Soulcalibur IV, Marvel vs. Capcom 2, Guilty Gear XX Accent Core and Street Fighter III: Third Strike.
There’s more detail on the official site.
Mon, Oct 13, 2008 | 21:49 BST
NeoGAF members have discovered that Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 has received an ERSB rating for both PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.
The natural assumption is that the arcade fighter will soon be making an appearance on Xbox Live Arcade and PlayStation Network, but nothing is concrete just yet.
By Mike Bowden