Tag Archives: Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2
Sat, Dec 04, 2010 | 18:52 GMT
Activision plans on taking the Character and Sim Mission Pack DLC for Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 off the market on December 31.
Thu, Jan 07, 2010 | 11:15 GMT
Activision has said PS3 DLC for Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2 is no longer on the PSN due to it “expiring.”
Tue, Nov 10, 2009 | 14:51 GMT
Those running around as a superhero fighting other superheros in Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2, already know that Black Panther was introduced as DLC last week.
However, if you are sitting on the fence regarding dropping the 800 MS Points ($10.00/£6.80/€9.30) for the pack that contains him along with Carnage, Cable, Magneto and Psylocke, four new challenge missions and more – maybe the video over on Eurogamer Germany of him will help sway you.
Looks rather fierce, he does.
Thu, Nov 05, 2009 | 15:50 GMT
Activision’s announced that DLC for Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2 has landed on XBL and PSN and is available until December 31.
There are five new playable characters in it: Black Panther, Carnage, Cable, Magneto and Psylocke along with four new challenge missions, new boss encounters, gauntlets and a bit more for 800 MS Points ($10.00/£6.80/€9.30) and the same monetarily on PSN.
Juggernaut is also available, and he will run you 160 MS Points ($2.00/£1.36/€1.86) and the same amount on PSN.
A demo is also to be made available. Go log in and check things out.
Fri, Oct 30, 2009 | 15:58 GMT
Activision has announced that a DLC pack for Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2 will hit November 3.
Also included are boosts, and simulator missions for $9.99 on PSN and 800 MS Points on XBL.
The former GameStop exclusive, Juggernaut, will also be available for $1.99 on PSN and 160 MS Points on XBL.
There’s a video of Black Panther in action over on D’toid.
Fri, Oct 16, 2009 | 21:09 BST
Activison has sent over a couple shots of Psylocke, a downloadable character for Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2.
No word yet on when she will be made available, but those familiar with the heroine, know that she started out as the fraternal twin to Captain Britain in the 1970′s before moving on to a telekinesis laden mutant with the X-Men.
Screens are posted after the break along with a video.
Fri, Oct 09, 2009 | 16:05 BST
Carnage has been revealed as DLC for Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 on PS3 and Xbox 360.
The official website for the game has lead animator Adam Olshan chatting a bit about the differences between the character versus Spider-Man, and Venom, citing his viciousness.
“We used the word “vicious” a lot when talking about how he should look. “Crazy” too, because of the background of who he is and what he is. I worked mostly on his basic melee combat,” said Olshan. “That’s when we really pay attention to how we can differentiate that character. Spider-Man needs to be agile & springy. Venom was more of a bruiser, like a huge jungle cat who attacks with lethal clawed swipes.
“For Carnage, we wanted him to feel as quick as Spider-Man, but as dangerous as Venom (or worse). We ended up with a very “slashy” character. Carnage is like a lunatic knife fighter: cutting people up quickly and messily, without much concern for how he looks doing it.”
No word on when this bit of DLC will hit the game, but to tide you over, Kotaku has some screens and video posted of Carnage for your consideration.
Sat, Sep 12, 2009 | 15:18 BST
Past the break is the launch trailer for Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2, which hits shelves September 15.
We had a look at the game during GDC, and it’s definitely chock-full of superheroes.
Which side to choose though, is another matter as well as which format: DS, PS2, PS3, PSP, Wii, or Xbox 360.
Tue, Sep 08, 2009 | 22:46 BST
Activision has revealed Iceman for Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2.
Released at PAX, the trailer over on CVG has the skinny on this icy person, along with loads of screens.
Game’s out next week for DS, PC, PS2, PS3, PSP, Wii, and Xbox 360.
Sat, Aug 15, 2009 | 22:12 BST
Ms. Marvel has been confirmed to be in Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2.
There’s a video of her posted after the break in action, courtesy of Joystiq.
Game’s out in September.
Sat, Aug 15, 2009 | 17:16 BST
Stan Lee stars in the latest video for Vicarious Visions’ Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2.
In it, his coolness talks about how superheroes don’t need to be registered with the government-unless they turn bad. But then, they are no longer superheroes at that point.
Basically, it’s a video with Stan Lee in it – which is good. Watch it below the break.
Game’s out September 15.
Wed, Jul 29, 2009 | 14:51 BST
Thu, Jul 23, 2009 | 21:49 BST
Activision has released 21 new screens for Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2.
Gamespot has posted ‘em, and they are loaded with superheroes fighting it out during the Civil War which resulted from the Superhuman Registration Act.
Game’s out September 15 for DS, PSP, PS2, PS3, Wii and Xbox 360.
Wed, Jul 22, 2009 | 20:45 BST
Legendary Marvel comics creator and cool customer, Stan Lee, will make his first videogame cameo ever with Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2, according to Activision.
“I am thrilled to be making my first onscreen videogame cameo,” said Lee. “It’s such a kick to see characters that I’ve helped create come to life in the game and now I’m a part of the Marvel videogame universe.”
Lee has lent his voice and likeness to a character described as being “significant to the game’s storyline”, but no additional details were provided.
Game’s out September 15 for DS, PSP, PS2, PS3, Wii and Xbox 360.
Vicarious Visions are handling the Microsoft and Sony consoles, n-Space the Wii, DS and PS2 versions and Savage the PSP port.
Press release is below the break.
Sat, Jul 11, 2009 | 22:25 BST
Gaming will have a major presence at Comic-Con in San Diego July 23 – 26.
Here is just some of what to expect should you be attending:
- A panel on DC Universe Online with Jim Lee and Marv Wolfman
- The Saboteur: Rethinking the WWII Gaming Genre woth Pandemic Studios’ lead designer Tom French and art director Chris Hunt
- Batman: Arkham Asylum (with voice actors Mark Hamill and Kevin Conroy)
- Gears of War: The Gears Alliance – Cliff Bleszinski and Gears of War movie scriptwriter Chris Morgan,
- Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 – Stan Lee, game voice-over actors Armin Shimmerman and Fred Tatasciore
Top Cow: Comics & Multimedia- Marc Silvestri discussing the Darkness film and new game
- The State of MMOs: A Discussion with the Developers – Join Craig Alexander (Turbine), John Smedley (Sony Online Entertainment), Bob Ferrari (Sanrio Digital), and Dave Brevik (Gazillion)
- World of Warcraft: Epic Loot moderated by Cory Jones
- Dante’s Inferno— Jonathan Knight (executive producer, EA), regarding the adaptation of this literary classic into pop culture
- Assassin’s Creed II: Video Games and Hollywood Converge— Yannis Mallat (CEO, Ubisoft Montreal)
- Capcom 2009 Lineup— featuring Jun Takeuchi (Lost Planet 2), Morgan Gray (Dark Void), Daryl Allison (Spyborgs), Motohide Eshiro (Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth), and Masachika Kawata (Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles) and moderated by Capcom-Unity’s Seth Killian.
- The Halo Franchise: What’s Next— Frank O’Connor (franchise development director for Halo)
- Writing for the Computer Gaming Industry— Chris Avellone (Knights of the Old Republic, Neverwinter Nights II), Anne Toole (The Witcher), Wynne McLaughlin (Star Wars: The Old Republic, Command & Conquer: Renegade), Haris Orkin (Call of Juarez 2: Bound In Blood), and John Zuur Platten (F.E.A.R 2: Project Origin, Ghostbusters)
- Uncharted 2: Among Thieves: The First Active Cinematic Videogame with Naughty Dog
There’s just soooo much!
Check it all out on the official website.
Wed, May 20, 2009 | 18:53 BST
Wed, May 20, 2009 | 07:07 BST
Mon, May 04, 2009 | 11:58 BST
Deadpool’s on the way to Ultimate Alliance 2, according to this IGN piece.
The hero hasn’t been officially announced for the game, but appears in an ad for the title in X-Men Origins: Wolverine. He was an unlockable in the original.
Raven will be pleased: it’s keen on making Mr Deadpool the focus of his own project.
Fri, Apr 03, 2009 | 19:37 BST
Wed, Mar 18, 2009 | 21:22 GMT
Activision’s shown first screens and detail of Songbird in Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2, as you can see on the game’s site.
The action RPG’s shaping up nicely. There’s tons of detail on how the character was included in the game through the link.
There’s no date – or platforms – on it as yet. Don’t expect to wait too long for further info, though.