Tag Archives: mafia 2
Thu, Sep 01, 2011 | 16:04 BST
Two studios under the 2K Czech brand have been the target of a redundancy program that trimmed their staff by more than 40 developers.
Thu, Nov 04, 2010 | 14:25 GMT
2K Games has released four new DLC packs for Mafia II, which are detailed below.
Wed, Jul 21, 2010 | 12:47 BST
VG247 was treated to a preview playtest with forthcoming 2K Czech blockbuster Mafia II at a press event in London earlier this month. We also managed to sit down for an interview with 2K producer Alex Cox and senior gameplay producer Jarek Kolar. Playing games and interviewing people: all in one day.
Mon, Feb 01, 2010 | 18:36 GMT
Mafia II’s play-space is the best open game city ever created, according to the title’s senior producer.
Tue, Mar 10, 2009 | 21:39 GMT
Take-Two announced the following games for the rest of the financial year as part of its first-quarter financial release today.
Note the GTA IV DLC.
- Beaterator – TBA
- BioShock 2 — TBA
- Borderlands — Xbox 360, PS3, Games for Windows
- Don King Boxing– Wii, DS
- Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars – DS
- Grand Theft Auto IV Second Episode — Xbox 360
- Mafia II –Xbox 360, PS3, Games for Windows
- Major League Baseball 2K9– PSP
- Midnight Club: Los Angeles –Downloadable
- Content – South Central Premium Upgrade– Xbox 360, PS3
- NBA 2K10 – Multiple platforms
- NHL 2K10– Multiple platforms
- Red Dead Redemption –Xbox 360, PS3
- The BIGS 2 –Multiple platforms
Mon, Dec 15, 2008 | 09:50 GMT
After the break. The Illusion Softworks open-worlder is showing exceptional presentation at this stage, if nothing else. There’s no gameplay in the footage, but oodles of atmosphere. And we’re all about the atmosphere.
2K, next year, PC, PS3, 360.
Fri, Jul 11, 2008 | 16:20 BST
Tue, May 27, 2008 | 18:09 BST
On Play3-Live. This really does look hot. The one in these in the bar is old, we think, but there are three new ones there. Still no release date, but it’s PC, PS3 and 360, which is nice.
Mon, May 19, 2008 | 18:43 BST
There are nowhere near enough Iranian games websites, so we’re heartened to see these new Mafia II screens on GamersLand.ir. Good for you, Iranian gamer people. We actually had to check where “.ir” was, then. We thought it was Ireland, but the Persian kind of gave it away.
Games’s still a TBA release for PC, PS3 and 360.
Mon, Apr 14, 2008 | 20:09 BST
They’re the same ones that popped up in scans over the weekend, but now in glorious HD. And mart’s fixed the gallery software, because he’s a superhero. See after the link.
Mon, Apr 14, 2008 | 14:06 BST
Someone dropped us a link to these Mafia 2 scans, which look to hold brand new shots. We’re now considering ourselves “excited”. The 50s world itself seems extremely detailed here, and we’re suckers for soldiers on trains, so that’s two boxes ticked. Take a look.
Mon, Apr 14, 2008 | 12:47 BST
This is starting to look pretty good. 2K’s released new shots of Mafia 2, and there’s every reason to be cheerful from the look of it. The game’s releasing for PC, 360 and PS3 at an undisclosed date. We would host these ourselves, but our amazing new gallery thingy’s having a bit of a tiz, so you’ll have to look at them on GameInfoWire for now.
Mon, Apr 07, 2008 | 09:12 BST
The Czech kids over at Tiscali.cz have posted a new screen and a list of features for Mafia 2, part of which says the PC version’s going to ship later than the console SKUs. Here’s a bit:
- Story beginning before the end of the World War II, which is when Vito comes back from war duty.
- Set in a fictional American city Empire City the size of about 20km2 (about twice as big as Lost Heaven from the first one) with tens of unique quarters, inspired mostly by San Francisco.
- Lead platforms X360/PS3, while the PC version should launch supposedly weeks or months afterwards, although this too could change depending on the current state of the gaming market.
- Release date still wasn’t specified, but the journalists are expecting the game to ship in late spring/summer 2009.
More through the link.
Wed, Mar 12, 2008 | 13:24 GMT
In its just-released financial report, Take-Two has confirmed the acquisition of Mafia 2 developer Illusion Softworks. The studio will now be called 2K Czech. Mafia 2 has been confirmed for both PC and consoles.
Sat, Mar 08, 2008 | 11:38 GMT
Here. The game has no fixed release date as yet, and few details are available. It was announced in August last year for PC, PS3 and 360. Czech developer Illusion Softworks is handling the title, as it did the original. The first game sold 2 million copies, apparently. Fancy.