Tag Archives: Lips
Wed, Feb 16, 2011 | 11:40 GMT
Microsoft’s confirmed the list of February DLC for Lips, with David Bowie, Katy Perry, The Human League and more all confirmed.
Wed, Jul 07, 2010 | 20:15 BST
Microsoft’s put Guitar Hero, Rock Band and LIPS offerings on sale, with savings up to 50 percent off on XBL.
Thu, Dec 03, 2009 | 20:57 GMT
Microsoft has announced Lips: Party Classics for Xbox 360, which is expected to arrive during Spring 2010.
It contains: “Love Shack”, “Tubthumping”, “I Will Survive”, “Rock And Roll All Nite”, “Wannabe” , “I Think We’re Alone Now”, and “Y.M.C.A.”
Also, just in time for Christmas, after partaking in too much of Aunt Bethel’s spiked eggnog you can jump in front of family and pals alike and start belting out new add-ons: “Papa Was A Rollin’ Stone” by The Temptations, “Right Round” by Flo Rida, “Think” by Aretha Franklin, “Blister In The Sun” by Violent Femmes and more.
Oh, and that’s not – all holiday tunes are coming, including “White Christmas” by Bing Crosby, “Santa Baby” by Kylie Minogue and “Hanukkah Blessings” by Barenaked Ladies.
You can also make your Facebook photos sing with the new Lips Jukebox, available now for free, which is an online tool puts a pair of singing lips on your photos.
Loads of extra juicy details are through the break, via the press release. Enjoy.
Sat, Oct 24, 2009 | 10:02 BST
Not a lot we can say about this, really. There are three Bayonetta TV spots after the break featuring the words “non-stop climax action,” a very attractive woman licking her lips, and what looks to be a show-stopping action game.
It’s out in Japan next week. Everywhere else early next year. Thanks, Kotaku.
Mon, Oct 05, 2009 | 17:18 BST
Microsoft’s detailed the next batch of songs that’ll be going live for Lips this month.
Erasure, The Supremes, The Pretenders, Jason Mraz and more will be coming to the game within the next couple of weeks.
You can find out more info as to whats coming at CVG.
Mon, Aug 17, 2009 | 20:27 BST
Microsoft’s confirmed that it’s to release Lips: Number One Hits in the UK for October 23rd.
Included in the sequel to the 360 karaoke game from last year is Avatar integration for the game. You can unlock rewards in the game for your Avatar to parade with somewhat.
Tracklist includes Lady GaGa, Rhianna and Marvin Gaye, plus more.
Wed, Jul 29, 2009 | 17:37 BST
Microsoft has released a partial track list for Lips: Number One Hits, which is expected to land in store this fall.
Coldplay, Rihanna, Tokio Hotel, Timbaland feat. OneRepublic, Extreme, Culture Club, MC Hammer, Roy Orbison and Marvin Gaye are all included and can be mixed with the original disc for your very own caterwauling fun.
A free 5-track download pack will be made available through Xbox Live for those who purchase the karaoke game. Good thing is – you can pick an choose from the following:
- California Love by 2Pac feat. Dr. Dre and Roger Troutman
- Barbie Girl by Aqua
- Just Dance by Lady Gaga
- Everybody Wants to Rule the World by Tears for Fears
- The Fear by Lily Allen
- Don’t Phunk With My Heart by Black Eyed Peas
- I Don’t Feel Like Dancin’ by Scissor Sisters
- Heartless by Kanye West
- Touch My Body by Mariah Carey
- Hey There Delilah by Plain White T’s
- Always On My Mind by Pet Shop Boys
- I’m Yours by Jason Mraz
- Push the Button by Sugababes
Thu, Jul 02, 2009 | 20:12 BST
Microsoft has released a tracklist for Lips for the whole month of July. Pricing will run the usual.
Can’t imagine singing Baby Got Back in the living room with Mom and Dad, but there it is anyway.
Full thing below courtesy of Joystiq.
- “Baby Got Back” — Sir Mix-a-Lot
- “The Next Movement” – The Roots
- “Shut Up” – The Black Eyed Peas
- “Get The Party Started” – Pink
- “Don’t Let Me Get Me” – Pink
- “So What” – Pink
- Pink Song Pack featuring all three songs
- “Just So You know” – Jesse McCartney
- “Hey Mama” – The Black Eyed Peas
- “Can I Get Get Get” – Junior Senior
Thu, Jun 11, 2009 | 15:27 BST
Xbox Live Marketplace’s update is pretty massive today.
Some you may already know about, some you may not.
Here it is anyway.
- Sega Genesis classics: Altered Beast, Comix Zone, Gunstar Heroes, Phantasy Star II, Shinobi, Sonic The Hedgehog 3 – 400 MS Points each ($5.00)
- Call of Duty: World at War: Map Pack 2 – 800 MS Points ($10.00)
- Burnout Paradise Big Surf Island – 1000 MS Points ($12.50)
- Burnout Paradise 1.9 – Free
- Saints Row 2: The Unkut Pack – Free (Gold Members Only)
- Lips: “Shake The World” – Free
- Dyntasy Warriors: GUNDAMN 2: Additional Missions 07-10 – Free
- Sonic Unleashed: Empire City & Adabat Adventure Pack – 250 MS Points ($3.12)
- Guitar Hero: World Tour: European Track Pack 06 – 440 MS Points ($5.50)
- Guitar Hero: World Tour: “The Bitter End” by Placebo – 160 MS Points ($2.00)
- Guitar Hero: World Tour: “Adrenalina” by Finley – 160 Ms Points ($2.00)
- Guitar Hero: World Tour: “Cadillac Solitario” by Loquillo y Trogloditas – 160 Ms POints ($2.00)
- Call of Duty: World at War: Zombie Swamp Premium Theme – 240 MS Points ($3.00)
Details for each are after the break, courtesy of Console Monster.
Fri, May 01, 2009 | 22:57 BST
Lips gets an update this month with loads of stuff that you just can’t live without.
Good Charlotte, The Black Crowes, John Denver, and New Edition are just some of the artists you can pretend to be in your living rooms.
We know you wanted to be John Denver. Don’t lie.
- Dance Floor Anthem (I Don’t Want To Be In Love) – Good Charlotte
- Why Does It Always Rain On Me? – Travis
- Hard To Handle – The Black Crowes
- You Get What You Give – The New Radicals
- Turning Japanese – The Vapors
- Clocks – Coldplay
- Take Me Home, Country Roads – John Denver
- Mr. Telephone Man – New Edition
- Cool It Now – New Edition
- If It Isn’t Love – New Edition
- New Edition Song Pack – Mr. Telephone Man, Cool It Now, If It Isn’t Love
- Lollipop – Mika
- Achy Breaky Heart – Billy Ray Cyrus
- 100 Years – Five For Fighting
- I Miss You – Blink-182
- Life Is A Rollercoaster – Ronan Keating
- Chasing Cars – Snow Patrol
Fri, Apr 03, 2009 | 16:11 BST
Following an earlier announcement that the Lips microphone is to support Guitar Hero: Metalica and Rock Band 2 via a title update, Microsoft’s confirmed that loads of new stuff is heading to the title’s in-game store this month.
Especially music from bands that begin with the letter “C”.
Here’s the breakdown for you:
- Creedence Clearwater Revival – Bad Moon Rising
- Fallout Boy – Sugar, We’re Goin’ Down
- Incubus – Wish You Were Here
- Coldplay Song Pack – Speed Of Sound, The Scientist, and In My Place
- Ne-Yo Song Pack – Closer, So Sick, and Hate That I Love You by Rihanna feat. Ne-Yo
- Creedence Clearwater Revival – Looking Out My Back Door
- Ne-Yo – Closer, So Sick
- Creedence Clearwater Revival Song Pack – Looking Out My Back Door, Bad Moon Rising and Who’ll Stop the Rain
- 3 Doors Down – Kryptonite
- K-Ci & Jo Jo – All My Life
- Travis- Sing
- Cranberries – Linger
- Mika – Love Today
- Yellowcard – Ocean Avenue
Fri, Apr 03, 2009 | 15:49 BST
Microsoft has announced that Guitar Hero: Metallica and Rock Band 2 will be the first music titles to support the Lips wireless microphones.
No exact date for the updated functionality was mentioned in the press release, but GH: Metallica will get it first followed by Rock Band 2 later this summer.
Other compatibility updates are expected to be announced at a later date.
Knew it would happen eventually.
Full thing follows.
Fri, Mar 13, 2009 | 18:11 GMT
Microsoft’s Lips gets a content update today with the addition of Coldplay’s “The Scientist,” and from the band’s X&Y album comes “Speed of Sound”.
“The Great Escape” has also been included from the album Boys Like Girls.
The first two will run you 180 MS Points ($2.25) each, while the Boys Like Girls track will cost 160 Ms Points ($2.00).
Mon, Mar 09, 2009 | 15:24 GMT
According to this post on the official Lips site, a title update’s on the way for the karaoke game that promises to stop players being able to rack up points by blowing on the mic. Or rubbing it on the carpet.
“We’ve added algorithms to help detect white noise and reduce its impact on scoring, so simply blowing into the mic won’t rack up the points anymore,” said a Microsoft rep.
“We’ve also made rap-marker detection more precise than before; no more mumbling your way through Bust A Move or Lip Gloss — now you’ve got to enunciate and elucidate.
“Finally, adjustments to pitch-detection, vibrato detection, and scoop detection have balanced out gameplay that some people have complained is too ‘easy’ or random.”
There’s more stuff on the way as well, such as a ticker for news updates and “a mic calibration tool”.
No date, though. See all through the link.
Fri, Feb 27, 2009 | 13:59 GMT
There are no plans for a patch to allow the use of wireless Lips microphones in Guitar Hero World Tour, Activision confirmed to VG247 today.
It was announced last year that Rock Band would be patched to support the peripherals.
Guitar Hero World Tour comes with a wired microphone that doesn’t even have jazzy flashing lights at the base.
So we all lose.
Thu, Feb 12, 2009 | 22:13 GMT
Lips users: here’s a new bit of downloadable music for your karaoke game.
Each tack will run you 160 MS Points ($2) and should be up on XBL as we type:
- Avril Lavigne – My Happy Ending
- Olivia Newton John – Magic
- The Pussycat Dolls/ Snoop Dogg – Buttons
How many people who own this game are actually old enough to remember that Olivia’s offering was from the film Xanadu?
Better yet, how many parents want their kids singing that Pussycat Dolls song?
Not a good line up this week, Microsoft.
Fri, Feb 06, 2009 | 20:41 GMT
Lips, Microsoft’s answer to Sony’s SingStar, gets an update today in the form of Alicia Keys, Coldplay, and Sarah McLachlan.
Here’s the list:
- Alicia Keys – Fallin’
- Coldplay – In My Pace
- Sarah McLachlan – Building a Mystery
Alicia and and Coldplay will run you 180 MS Points each ($2.25), and Ms. McLachlan 160 Points ($2).
With such fare to be downloaded, it might be wise to invest in a pair of earplugs.
Thu, Jan 15, 2009 | 20:25 GMT
Microsoft has laid out its complete January song schedule for its casual karaoke title, Lips.
There will be nine tracks released in total – three per week – and next week you can download “Hate That I Love You” by songstress Rihanna and “Take A Bow” the following Friday for 180 MS Points.
Here are all the tracks listed by week (priced at 160 MS Points unless stated):
- “When I Grow Up” — The Pussycat Dolls
- “You’ve Lost That Loving Feelin’” — The Righteous Brothers (180 pts)
- “Erase/Rewind” — The Cardigans
- “Hate That I Love You” — Rihanna feat. Ne-Yo (180 pts)
- “Thnks fr th Mmrs” — Fall Out Boy
- “Look What You’ve Done” — Jet
- “Sunday Morning” — Maroon 5
- “Take A Bow” — Rihanna (180 pts)
- “Water Runs Dry” — Boyz II Men
Mon, Jan 12, 2009 | 13:01 GMT
Microsoft has announced that three news songs including Jamelia’s ‘Superstar’ for sing-along game Lips are available as of right now.
Also included is ‘Suddenly I See’ by KT Tunstall and ‘People are People’ by Depeche Mode.
Tracks cost 160 MS Points a piece.
By Mike Bowden
Fri, Nov 21, 2008 | 12:07 GMT
TombRadar’s posted some shots of the Sugababes singing in Lips and NXE in London last night, and it all looked very sparkly.
Apparently the trio sang Duffy’s Mercy at the event. You had to be there, clearly.
Take a look.