Tag Archives: lego batman
Thu, Jun 12, 2008 | 06:32 BST
On IGN. Looks exactly as you’d expect it to. Don’t take our word for it: see for yourself.
Thu, May 22, 2008 | 07:07 BST
After the link. Shows the Joker and Harley Quinn doing evil stuff. Looks great. Game releases for every platform imaginable in September.
Wed, May 21, 2008 | 22:15 BST
We just can’t bring ourselves to make a pun about being cold. Here are some screens of Mr Freezes in Lego Batman. He’s mental because his wife died in cryogenic accident. His head has some ice on it. We write games news on the internet for over 100 hours a week. To that end, we have absolutely nothing to say.
Tue, May 06, 2008 | 07:04 BST
They’re on GamePro. We want Lego Indiana Jones more than this, but that’s just us. Lego Batman’s out at the end of the year for every format in the world.
Thu, Apr 17, 2008 | 19:48 BST
Some new Lego Batman screens and a movie on Shacknews. This lot shows the Riddler and Catwoman, so hooray for that. Still no date, but sometime towards the end of the year’s probable, seeing as Lego Indiana Jones is coming out in June.
Tue, Mar 04, 2008 | 15:54 GMT
According to this, Lego Batman is to have a “Collectibles” system, in the same vein as that included in Lego Star Wars. There’s also a heap of new info on the upcoming game – gathered from GDC – including news of vehicle levels, a first look at the Batcave and details of some of the title’s 18 stories. Some details below:
- Each story is playable from either the Hero or Villain point of view. (For example, in the aforementioned levels, you could also play as Catwoman trying to steal the diamond or as Batman trying to rescue Commissioner Gordon.)
- You’re able to switch characters without being next to each other, unlike in the previous “LEGO Star Wars” games.
- The camera has been adjusted from the “LEGO Star Wars” series to pan back further and further away (but not too far) when the players are separated in two-player mode.
- There will be strictly vehicular levels in the game, although Doyle declined to say what they would be. (The press release states that the Batmobile, Batwing and Batboat will be available.)
- There will be collectibles. While I did see objects that looked like the “mini-kits” from “LEGO Star Wars,” Doyle said those were place-holders. “It will be a similar sort of system [as ‘LEGO Star Wars’]. The collectibles are different; they’re not to collect vehicles, they’re to collect other trophies. We’re going to design them to be more Batman-style.” There will be 10 per level.
- As for the DS version: “It’s not a port, it’s completely done separately. It’s done at Traveller’s Tales by the same team that did the ‘Saga’ DS version, and they’re a really, really good team. It’s kind of the same but different, and there’s a lot of touch screen in there.” He declined to say anything about the PSP version.
- The music I heard in the demo was most definitely Danny Elfman’s compositions from the “Batman” films. While Doyle did confirm I was right, the team is still “finalizing the arrangements.”
Mon, Mar 03, 2008 | 06:35 GMT
Below. Includes 18-rated footage of Lego Batman and Lego Cat Woman in a clinch. Don’t show the kids. The game’s out in the third quarter, apparently.
Fri, Feb 22, 2008 | 08:14 GMT
Below. We can’t hear anything, for some reason. Our luck with Flash movies isn’t so great. This does, however, appear to be a developer interview with one of the Lego Batman team. Good luck.
Update: We can watch it now. It’s cool. Lots of info. Have a look.
Fri, Feb 15, 2008 | 14:37 GMT
Here. Psychiatrist Harley Quinn is to be included in Lego Batman, as you can see from the screens. According to the press release:
In the “LEGO Batman” video game, Harley Quinn will have the ability to walk a tight rope, perform super jumps and bypass security for all levels with guards in security booths. Harley Quinn appears in the Fairgrounds Villain level as well as one additional level yet to be announced… stay tuned.
Batman (obviously), Robin and the Joker will also appear in the Traveller’s Tales game, currently slated for every format under the sun in Q3.