Tag Archives: Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
Fri, Jan 27, 2012 | 08:22 GMT
Square Enix has announced the contents of the 10th anniversary Kingdom Hearts boxset for Japan; it was unveiled alongside the new special edition 3DS hardware for the upcoming Dream Drop Distance. The box will include the new game, as well as DS games 358/2 Days and Re:Coded, a set of postcards and a protective cover for ¥15,000. Square has also priced the 3DS hardware bundle for DDS at ¥21,090.
The RPG launches in Japan on March 29. Thanks, Andriasang.
Tue, May 18, 2010 | 14:00 BST
Square Enix has announced its sold over 5.5 million units worldwide of Final Fantasy XIII in the company’s fiscal year ending March 31, 2010.
Mon, Aug 10, 2009 | 23:31 BST
After taking a $117 million hit from Eidos, Square Enix’s financials are looking a little worse for the wear. The two-headed Japanese giant posted a net loss of 1.67 billion yen for the quarter ending on June 30.
Sales were also down 1.2 percent when compared to the same period last year, coming in at 29.4 billion yen. In spite of that, though, the company’s games division performed quite well, with sales up 7.2 percent. Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days and Final Fantasy XI (yes, XI) were listed as reasons for this upswing.
Other than that, though, Square Enix is basically doomed. We can’t, for the life of us, think of anything that might pull the company out of this slump. We guess they have that little DS game they released last month. Uh, Large Fictional Lizard Adventure, was it? But who even bought that?
Thanks, Industry Gamers.
Tue, Aug 04, 2009 | 20:28 BST
Square has announced that Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days will land on DS October 9.
The series tells the story of Roxas from KHII, and his days as a member of Organization XIII.
“Kingdom Hearts goes from strength to strength,” said Square’s brand VP Larry Sparks. “With Kingdomw Hearts 358/2 Days, we are delighted to be revisiting these wonderfully unique worlds and very excited about the addition of a multiplayer mode. I am sure fans will find this another thrilling and essential entry in the series.”
KH358/2 is the fist title in the series to offer a multiplayer mode.
More details follow in the press release.
Sat, Jun 06, 2009 | 16:43 BST
The debuts of Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days, Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth, and Gyakuten Kenji helped boost sales of DSi in Japan this week almost doubling the numbers from last week.
All platforms were up over all, with PSP coming in second and Wii third.
The list and lovely pie chart are courtesy of Kotaku.
- Nintendo DSi – 65,537
- PSP – 32,251
- Wii – 17,810
- PlayStation 3 – 12,427
- Nintendo DS Lite – 7,519
- Xbox 360 – 4,857
- PlayStation 2 – 4,120
Thu, Jun 04, 2009 | 14:32 BST
The Japanese gaming charts looked well this week with the debut of Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days for DS selling 295,000 units.
Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth debuted at number two for DS sold 172,000 units, while another debut, Shin Sangoku Musou 5: Empires (Dynasty Warriors 6: Empires) for PS3 sold 76,000 units and the Xbox 360 version 17,000.
Here’s the full list courtesy of GI.biz.:
- Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days (DS)
- Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth (DS)
- Dynasty Warriors 6: Empires (PS3)
- Sloan And Michael’s Story (DS)
- Half-Minute Hero (PSP)
- Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kizuna: Dai San Kan – Rasen (DS)
- Utawarerumono Portable (PSP)
- Tom Clancy’s HAWX (PS3)
- Let’s Make A Baseball Team 2 (DS)
- Dynasty Warriors 6: Empires (360)
Mon, Dec 22, 2008 | 13:07 GMT
Roxas, Axel, and the rest of the sisterhood of the traveling hoods are stuck in traffic, according to GoNintendo.
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days will now arrive on the Nintendo DS “sometime” during spring 2009 – as opposed to its previous February 2009 date. But whatever; we always hated February anyway.
Click through the link for a few new – if somewhat minor – details about the newly delayed title.
Mon, Aug 04, 2008 | 07:52 BST
More from Square Enix’s DKΣ3713 party in Tokyo. The company’s put dates on all three of its upcoming Kingdom Hearts games, for Japan at least. Here’s when you can expect to be “doing a Mickey” again.
- Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep (PSP) – 2009
- Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days (DS) – winter 2008
- Kingdom Hearts: Coded (mobile) – winter, 2008
No idea on western dates, but we’ll have a chat with Square in London on Monday. Thanks, Forever Fantasy.
Wed, Mar 19, 2008 | 07:46 GMT
And it’s full 3D. Some new details on the DS version of Square’s Kingdom Hearts – titled Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days – have been ripped off a French mag. There’s still no release date – or any other official information, from the look of it – so this will have to do for now.
- Made by Studio Hand (Chocobo Tales) and co-directed by Tomohiro Hasegawa (FFVIII and Kingdom Hearts)
- Fully 3D presentation, smooth animation.
- Shoulder buttons allow players to move the camera to explore levels/see enemies in better positions.
- Recreated areas from previous games – including Illusiopolis, Twilight Town, Agrabah, and Wonderland, no new worlds.
- Multiplayer mode sees players direct members of Organization XIII, independent of the main story.
- Music written by Yoko Shimomura of the previous games.
- Remixed/re-arranged themes from past games.
- Like the PSP outing, 358/2 Days takes place during Roxas’ life – from being introduced into XIII to battling Riku, discovering parts of the story previously unexplored – fans demanded answers!