Tag Archives: japanese software sales
Mon, Mar 07, 2011 | 13:04 GMT
Media Create has released its Japanese software and hardware sales figures for the retail week of February 21 – 27, showing the 3DS stroming it in at the last minute behind a surprisingly strong PSP.
Wed, Nov 24, 2010 | 21:33 GMT
Media Create has released the sales figures for the week of November 15 -21, and the software chart in Japan was dominated by Call of Duty: Black Ops.
Fri, Oct 09, 2009 | 17:56 BST
Wii Fit Plus has risen to the top of Japanese software chart by moving 340,000 copies, according to Media Create.
Coming in at number two is Inazuma Eleven 2: Kyoui no Shinryakusha (football RPG) with 281,000 sales, Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver slipped to number three with 267,000 combined sales.
Gran Turismo PSP was fourth with 134,000 and Macross Ultimate Frontier (PSP)was fifth with 81,000.
Newbies Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 came in at seven with 42,000 sales and Dynasty Warriors: Strikeforce at nine with 27,000 sales.
Thu, Sep 03, 2009 | 15:51 BST
The Japanese Software Sales are in for the week ending August 30, and it looks as though Tomodachi Collection (Friend Collection) for DS was the best selling game over there once again last week.
Dragon Quest IX came in second, with Wii Sports Resort still going strong at number three.
All in all, there were 11 DS games in the top 30 with seven for PS2, six for PSP, four for Wii, and one a piece for PS3 and 360.
Games that hit 11-30 are listed after the break.
- [NDS] Tomodachi Collection (Friend Collection) (Nintendo) – 80,000 / 890,000
- [NDS] Dragon Quest IX: Defenders of the Starry Sky (Square Enix) – 71,000 / 3,794,000
- [WII] Wii Sports Resort (Nintendo) – 46,000 / 1,085,000
-  Dream C Club (D3 Publisher) – 46,000 / NEW
- [WII] Monster Hunter 3 (Capcom) – 34,000 / 836,000
- [PSP] Soul Calibur: Broken Destiny (Namco Bandai) – 29,000 / NEW
- [NDS] Super Robot Gakuen (Namco Bandai) – 28,000 / NEW
- [NDS] You’ll Incur Losses if You Remain Ignorant: How Money and Things Work DS (Nintendo) – 21,000 / NEW
- [PSP] Monster Hunter Portable 2 G (BEST) (Capcom) – 18,000 / 925,000
- [PS2] Hakuouki: Zuisouroku (Idea Factory) – 17,000 / NEW
Thu, Jun 25, 2009 | 17:30 BST
Tomodachi Connection, Fate/Unlimited, and Mind Exercises all three debuted on the top ten in Japan for the week ending June 21.
The top 30 best selling games for the week included 16 Nintendo DS, 7 Wii, 5 PSP and 2 PS3 titles. This was the first time that a PS2 title has not been in the Japanese top 30 in the console’s history, according to RPGsite.
Courtesy of Gamasutra, we have the top ten for you below.
- Tomodachi Connection -Nintendo (DS) (102,000) (Debut)
- Fate/Unlimited Codes Portable – Capcom (PSP) (34,000) (Debut)
- Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days -Square Enix (DS) (27,000)
- Sloan to MacHale: Nazo No Monogatari – Level 5 (DS) (15,000)
- Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G (PSP the Best) – Capcom (PSP) (14,000)
- Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth – Capcom (DS) (11,000)
- Akira Tago’s Mind Exercises Vol. 1 – Level 5 (DS) (10,000) (Debut)
- Wii Fit – Nintendo (Wii) (10,000)
- Koei’s Shin Sangokumusou 5: Empires – Koei (PS3) (9,000)
- Pokemon Platinum – Nintendo (DS) (7,000)
Thu, May 28, 2009 | 16:26 BST
Sloan to Michael: Nazo no Monogatari was the number one game in Japan last week, and Mass Effect’s launch was a nice one, with the game debuting at number three.
Top ten is below, with the rest after the break courtesy of ChartGet.
- [NDS] Sloan to Michael: Nazo no Monogatari (Level 5) 43,000 / NEW
- [NDS] Pro Yakyuu Team o Tsukurou! 2 (SEGA) 39,000 / NEW
-  Mass Effect (Microsoft) 17,000 / NEW
- [PSP] Monster Hunter Portable 2 G (PSP the Best) (Capcom) 14,000 / 692,000
- [PSP] Bleach: Heat the Soul 6 (SCEI) 13,000 / 54,000
- [NDS] Dragon Ball Kai: Saiyajin Raishuu (Namco Bandai) 12,000 / 148,000
- [NDS] Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of the Sky (Nintendo) 12,000 / 311,000
- [NDS] Made in Ore (Wario Ware) (Nintendo) 11,000 / 123,000
- [WII] Wii Fit (Nintendo) 10,000 / 3,424,000
- [NDS] Mario & Luigi RPG 3 (Nintendo) 9,000 / 624,000