Tag Archives: grand theft auto 4
Fri, Jun 13, 2008 | 15:26 BST
NPD analyst Anita Frazier said last night that the lack of a US hardware sales boost thanks to GTA IV has come as a “surprise”.
“I was surprised by this month’s hardware sales because I did believe we’d see a boost in May,” she said. “GTA IV sales remained very strong so you can’t point to waning interest in the title as contributing to slower hardware sales.”
The data showed that GTA IV sold more than 1.3 million units in the US last month, but that combined PS3 and 360 hardware sales sat at 395,300 – only a slight increase on the 375,100 consoles sold in April.
Fri, Jun 13, 2008 | 10:43 BST
May’s NPD data has put GTA IV firmly at the top of US sales, with the 360 version alone being the biggest selling game in America last month. With the game’s PS3 and 360 SKUs combined, the game sold more than 1.3 million units in the US in May. List below.
- GTA IV – Xbox 360 – Take-Two – 871.3K
- Mario Kart Wii (w/ wheel) – Wii – Nintendo – 787.4K
- Wii Fit (w/ Balance Board) – Wii – Nintendo – 687.7K
- GTA IV – PS3 – Take-Two – 442.9K
- Wii Play (w/ remote) – Wii – Nintendo – 294.6K
- Super Smash Bros. Brawl – Wii – Nintendo – 171.1K
- Iron Man – PS2 – Sega – 130.6K
- Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock – Wii – Activision – 116.8K
- Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness – DS – Nintendo – 107K
- Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time – DS – Nintendo – 102K
Tue, Jan 29, 2008 | 22:13 GMT
Take 2′s stock has risen 4.9 percent to $16.51 today after analyst Eric Handler upgraded the company’s shares to “equal weight” from “underweight,” and boosted his target price to $19 from $17.
Handler’s move came after the publisher announced the release date of April 29 for GTA IV last week. He said earlier today that he thought the fourth instalment in the crime series could sell 6 million units in six months, adding $1.25 profit per share.