Tag Archives: f.e.a.r. 2
Thu, May 14, 2009 | 19:14 BST
F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin will get a new multiplayer map pack on May 21 called “Armored Front” for PS3 and Xbox 360.
It consists of two maps, Decoy and Conductor, as well as four character heads to swap out.
- Conductor Map: Push your way out of a train yard into the vast and open-ended junction station built around a turntable. EPAs will battle their way through the ground floor, as infantry can choose to either support from below or scale the heights of the station and engage in long-range combat.
- Decoy Map: Put your skill to the test in this full-scale training ground for Replica soldiers! Once a controlled arena for combat exercises, now it is under a full-blown assault for control between Replica and ATC. Watch out for ambushes, and don’t let the pop-up target dummies fool you!
- Character Heads: Four unique heads to customize your character.
The map pack will run you 540 MS Points ($5.99) and another pack is expected sometime this summer.
Read on for the press release.
Thu, Mar 12, 2009 | 21:02 GMT
NPD has compiled a list of America’s top 20 best-selling PC games during February: Lich King won out.
Not much changed month over month, the debuts of Dawn of War II and F.E.A.R. 2 the only real exceptions.
- World Of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King
- The Sims 2 Double Deluxe
- Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War II
- World Of Warcraft: Battle Chest
- F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin
- World Of Warcraft
- The Sims 2 Apartment Life Expansion Pack
- Fallout 3
- World Of Warcraft: Burning Crusade Expansion Pack
- Call Of Duty: World At War
- Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3
- Left 4 Dead
- The Sims 2 Deluxe
- Civilization IV
- The Sims 2 Mansion & Garden Stuff Expansion
- StarCraft Battle Chest
- Spore Creepy & Cute Parts Pack
- Diablo Battle Chest
- The Sims 2 Pets Expansion
Tue, Mar 10, 2009 | 22:11 GMT
Monolith and Warner Bros announced new downloadable content for F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin today, to release in April.
The new content includes a Toy Soldiers multiplayer map pack and a premium theme and picture pack.
No word yet on exactly which format to expect it on first, but we will keep you posted.
Thu, Feb 26, 2009 | 22:35 GMT
Monolith is currently at work on a PC patch for F.E.A.R 2.
The patch will add toggle film grain and head-bob options, as well as other stuff. Most notibly, the patch aims to make the hard setting more of a challenge.
“There are a couple other items we are also exploring which might make it into this patch, but we need to do research to evaluate the time and resources that it will take to add these changes to the patch”, says Monolith’s community manager.
Expect it to land in a few weeks. It is not known at this time if one will be released for the PS3 and 360 versions.
Wed, Dec 17, 2008 | 09:43 GMT
Mostly confused, actually. Sure, the first F.E.A.R. 2 peep-show – featuring little girls, as well as people popping right out of their skin — won’t shock the sand out of your eyes, but trailer number two definitely promises to do, uh, something.
Just watch it. We guarantee it’ll defy all your preconceived notions about what a videogame trailer can be. Frankly, we’re convinced it has to be a metaphor for something.
Give your eyes an early Christmas present over at Destructoid.
Mon, Sep 08, 2008 | 20:19 BST
According to this IGN piece, Monolith and Warner Bros has renamed Project Origin.
To cut a long story short, the F.E.A.R. brand ended up with Vivendi but Monolith was bought by Warner Bros. Now Acti-Bliz has formed, the name came back on the market, and Warner bought it. Project Origin’s name has, therefore, been replaced with the moniker it was alway supposed to have.
Clear? Good. More through the link.