Tag Archives: ea pc e3 2008
Tue, Jul 15, 2008 | 11:04 BST
Thu, Jul 17, 2008 | 13:11 BST
Update: You can get exhaustive news from the Sony and Nintendo conferences here.
In case you’re some kind of oddball that doesn’t like spending evenings immersing yourself in the glory of videogaming news on the internet, he’s absolutely everything that happened in the Microsoft and EA press conferences at E3 last night. Don’t say we don’t do anything for you.
News from the Microsoft E3 press conference
- New in-game Fable 2 screens released
- Shane Kim explains 360 push into casual space
- Banjo Nuts & Bolts E3 trailer posted
- Gears of War 2 site gets overhaul
- Two Gears of War 2 hands-ons
- FFXIII teaser site now live
- See the new Xbox 360 dashboard in video
- Microsoft E3 presentation – full audio
- Hands-on with Resident Evil 5, two new movies
- Microsoft’s E3 press release: all the games in one place
- Uno Rush confirmed for XBLA
- NBC and Universal adds names to Live movie list
- Xbox Experience photos posted
- No new Halo game shown in MS E3 conference
- Star Ocean gets tentative release date
- Rockband 2 is an Xbox 360 exclusive, 84 tracks listed in full
- Lips to be the first game to let sing along to your own music collection
- Metallica album to release on Guitar Hero at same time as retail
- You’re in the Movies announced for 360
- Original Banjo for XBLA, says Kim
- Netflix 360 partnerhsip confirmed
- Microsoft’s Lips supports motion-sensitive wireless mics
- New Xbox 360 dashboard shown at E3
- Fable II is finished, out October, says Molyneux
News from the EA E3 press conference
- First Sims 3 in-game footage published
- New Crysis Warhead shots posted
- In-game Mirror’s Edge trailer looks awesome
- New Left 4 Dead screens posted
- Dead Space boss fight movie posted
- Wright: “Spore fans 38% God”
- Pictures from the EA E3 press conference
- Left 4 Dead confirmed for November 4 release
Tue, Jul 15, 2008 | 07:43 BST
EA’s put out the first in-game footage of the Sims 3, as part of its E3 press conference last night. It’s on Shacknews. No other Sims 3 info doing the rounds this morning from what we can see, so this will have to do for now.
Tue, Jul 15, 2008 | 07:38 BST
On GamersHell. The screens were released as part of the EA E3 press conference lats night. Lots of shooting there. And a helicopter. What more could you want?
Tue, Jul 15, 2008 | 14:46 BST
After the break. This footage is all in-game and was released as part of EA’s E3 press conference yesterday. Go see.
Tue, Jul 15, 2008 | 07:33 BST
More from the EA E3 press conference last night, this time in the form of new Left 4 Dead shots. The Valve zombie shooter is now confirmed for a November 4 release. On GamersHell.
Tue, Jul 15, 2008 | 13:14 BST
As part of its E3 press conference, EA’s put out a new Dead Space trailer, showing a boss fight with some kind of mighty beastie, and millions of smaller beasties. Still high on our most-wanted.
Tue, Jul 15, 2008 | 06:27 BST
Speaking at the EA E3 press conference in LA yesterday, Will Wright came to the conclusion that Spore fans are “38% God.”
As you can see from this Joystiq report, he has the figures to back it up. From the site:
His basic argument goes like this: In the span of 18 days, Spore Creature Creator users were able to top 1,589,000 species in about 18 days, a feat that took God 7 days to accomplish. So, by his math, users of Spore at operating at 38 percent of God’s capacity, or .38G.
More through the link.
Tue, Jul 15, 2008 | 06:24 BST
Kotaku’s put up a photo gallery from the EA press conference yesterday at E3. Shots there of Carmack, Rage, Will Wright, and so on. Take a look.
Tue, Jul 15, 2008 | 07:18 BST
EA confirmed that Valve zombie shooter Left 4 Dead will release on November 4 this year, speaking at its E3 press conference last night.
The game was previously tagged as a “November” game. Left 4 Dead and Gears of War 2 in the same week, eh?
Tue, Jul 15, 2008 | 09:07 BST
EA confirmed that BioWare RPG Dragon Age: Origins will be released on consoles at its E3 press conference last night, according to this Shacknews report.
No other details were given in terms of platforms and release date, although 360 and PS3 next year is probably a safe bet.
Tue, Jul 15, 2008 | 09:07 BST
After the break. The id shooter was shown in the EA press conference at E3 yesterday. The movie’s off-screen but it’s good quality. Take a look.
Tue, Jul 15, 2008 | 07:45 BST
EA announced in its E3 press conference yesterday that it’s to publish id Software’s Rage.
Further, the firm said the game was to release on Xbox 360 and PS3 as well as PC and Mac.
“Rage represents a new direction for our games,” said Todd Hollenshead, CEO of id Software. “Rage is a shooter unlike any other, developed on our cutting edge new technology, and built to the exacting standards id is famous for. We’re excited to have the support of EA Partners to launch Rage on the world.”
Press release after the link.