Tag Archives: darkworks
Wed, Jan 18, 2012 | 17:42 GMT
Ubisoft has released a new video for I Am Alive, which explores the game’s combat system. According to the video, it will be in the player’s best interest to save bullets and use bluffing and surprise techniques if possible. Nothing more satisfying than sneaking up behind and enemy and slashing his throat with a machete, is there? I Am Alive is slated for a Q1 2012 release on Xbox Live.
Fri, Jun 24, 2011 | 02:00 BST
Ex- I am Alive developer Darkworks has announced a new survival horror shooter, Black Death, which sees players struggle against on onslaught of mutants under the shadow of a mysterious dark cloud.
Fri, Mar 06, 2009 | 10:56 GMT
Darkworks has been relieved of duty on I am Alive, according to this GI story, with the game being moved to Ubi Shanghai.
“In order to respect the new launch date for this ambitious title, and Darkworks having other obligations, we have mutually decided to complete development of I Am Alive at Ubisoft Shanghai, as the two studios have collaborated on aspects of the title over the past year,” said Ubisoft in a statement.
“The team at Darkworks has respected its contractual obligations on the project and will be a part of the success of the game when it launches.”
Whoops. More through there.
Thu, Jan 22, 2009 | 20:25 GMT
Ubisoft has delayed Darkworks disaster shooter I am Alive, saying the game “will now bolster the line-up for 2009-10″ in a financial release today.
Ubisoft released its calender Q1 release schedule this week, showing I am Alive as down for shipping before the end of March.
The game will now join Assassin’s Creed 2 and Splinter Cell: Conviction for the following financial year.
By Mike Bowden
Wed, Jan 21, 2009 | 12:28 GMT
Earlier today we told you that Ubisoft’s disaster movie FPS, I am Alive, was coming in Q1 2009. Well, we’ve had clarification from Ubisoft saying that the release date is actually “Calendar Q1″ – meaning that the game will arrive much sooner than we first thought.
“On release schedule Q1 is referred as Calendar Q1 (beg of Jan to the end of March),” a senior Ubisoft representative told VG247 this afternoon.
So expect Tom Clancy’s H.A.W.X. sooner rather than later, too.
Ubisoft also confirmed that screenshot published yesterday (above) is indeed real.
I am Alive was announced in July last year. It was thought Jade Raymond was working on the game but that has sinced been denied by Ubisoft with Alone in the Dark devs Darkwaorks now at the helm.
Expect more media as March approaches.
By Mike Bowden
Wed, Jan 21, 2009 | 09:34 GMT
Ubisoft has announced that Darkwork’s catasrophe shooter, I am Alive is to be released in Q1 09 for Xbox 360 and PS3.
The date comes as a surprise somewhat as the title wasn’t anticipated to hit until the second quarter of this year.
As soon as the date becomes specific, we’ll let you know.
By Mike Bowden
Tue, Jan 20, 2009 | 11:56 GMT
Above you can see above, PSU has got what it reckons is the first image of Ubisoft’s nothing-to-do-with Jade-Raymond disaster-movie game, I am Alive.
I am Alive is being developed by Darkworks – Cold Fear and Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare – and follows the life of Adam Collins, a man who finds himself stuck in the middle of a major catastrophe, fighting for survival.
We’re checking with Ubisoft now.
By Mike Bowden
Wed, Jan 07, 2009 | 11:57 GMT
In an article in this month’s GamesTM it is revealed in a preview article that the DarkWorks developed survival game has you playing as a man called Adam Collins after a mysterious earthquake destroys Chicago and will be a first-person shooter.
There is a huge focus on story and according to producer Alexis Goddard, the game promises to change the rules that both “everyday life and videogames rely on.”
“In I Am Alive, we’re not only turning your everyday life upside down; we’re also changing the very social values and rules that both everyday life and videogames rely on.” said Goddard.
The reason for the person person perspective are as follows: “We wanted the player to really feel the power of Mother Nature, to feel the danger coming from the collapsing towers and devastating rifts, feel the chaos happening all around him. There’s nothing like a first-person view to create that kind of emotion.
“We encourage the players to use tactics, diversion, and discretion,” said Goddard of the combat.
“You’ve found a police shotgun, which is out of bullets — rightfully so, since Chicago has long been a proponent of a ban on guns. How about some intimidation? After all, who knows the gun is empty but you? Just point it at looters and they’ll remain at a distance as you progress toward your objective. However, you can only aim it at one person, so you have to watch for being flanked.”
I am Alive was announced back in July 2008 and Jade Raymond was thought to be involved. It has emerged recently however that Miss Raymond has nothing to do with the project.
Full thing over at 1UP
By Mike Bowden
Tue, Aug 19, 2008 | 11:42 BST
Speaking to MCV, Ubisoft executive director Alain Corre has confirmed the firm is considering sequels to DarkWorks survival horror I Am Alive – despite the fact the game’s never even been seen in public.
“Yes [we are considering sequels]. Clearly, when we are creating a franchise, it’s a long-term process. We want to keep it and have more iterations, because it’s a big investment at the beginning to launch it,” he said.
“So it’s better when you can advertise and bet on a few franchises in the years to come. We hope it can be another strong franchise for our portfolio, alongside Prince Of Persia or Rayman Rabbids. It’s a new baby for us – and we have big hopes.”
There’s a full interview here.
Mon, Aug 18, 2008 | 21:06 BST
Antoine Villette, founder of I Am Alive developer Darkworks, has told VG247 he believes Alone in the Dark can still be great, but only if Atari is prepared to make radical changes to its format.
“When we took Alone in the Dark in 2001 it was to renew the franchise with names, characters, we tried to put it in a modern base and modernise it a little bit,” said Villette, talking of the Darkworks-developed Alone in the Dark: A New Nightmare.
“Now I think that with this franchise, if Atari wants to do something [further], it has to be a major step towards other things: perhaps other platforms, other game systems, other gameplay.
“Alone in the Dark has this chance to have this fantastic title: they have to work with that. Perhaps to be a little purer about it and move away from what has become the classical survival horror game with Resident Evil, Biohazard, and let it be Alone in the Dark.
“When you forget that there’s been four or five instalments in the franchise, you can do something fantastic with it.”
The last Alone in the Dark game from Eden Studios – still to release on PS3 – wasn’t well received critically, and Atari boss Phil Harrison has already said he doubts another game of its ilk will be greenlit by the firm.
Fri, Aug 15, 2008 | 06:38 BST
DarkWorks founder Guillaume Gouraud has told VG247 that I Am Alive – the Ubisoft survival horror rumoured and then debunked as Jade Raymond’s new game – is set to renew the genre with realism.
“We want to take this realistic approach to enlarge the genre, because it’s much more universal,” said the developer boss.
“We’ve been shifting from classic survival horror from back in 2001 with Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare, and we started to introduce disaster aspect with Cold Fear.
“Now we are moving to a more realistic approach to survival, and that’s what we want to renew and bring with this new game.”
Gouraud told us that he now thinks DarkWorks – known for its horror games – is big enough to extend its reach and take on action projects of any kind.
“We’re also very pleased with our growth,” he said. “I think we are already one of the major European studios with 120 people… We think 2009 will be where we shine. We’re set for a new stage.”
I Am Alive – announced at E3 and set in a post-earthquake Chicago – isn’t going to be shown next week at Leipzig according to Ubi. Don’t be amazingly shocked if it is, however.