Tag Archives: Crash Commando
Tue, Oct 06, 2009 | 19:43 BST
Crash Commando’s getting a patch update this week on PSN to fix a few issues, implement DUALSHOCK 3 support, and the addition of rumble.
Here’s the list of fixes, courtesy of the US PS Blog:
- Sound fix for issues where various sounds are not being played at all
- Unlock Heist Map Pack fix
- Now unlocks the Heist Map Pack properly when purchasing it within the game’s online store
- Heist cash bag fix
- Corrected detection of when players and other players bots are removed from the game taking the cash bag with them
- DUALSHOCK 3 Vibration support
- Added rumble for player weapons, near player explosions, player vehicle weapons, player vehicle collision impacts, weapon impacts on the player etc.
- To avoid any new text issues the game only acknowledges the on/off setting of vibrations the player can set in the system’s controller settings
This will probably go live on Thurday, but don’t quote us on that.
Tue, Aug 25, 2009 | 23:06 BST
It has been announced over on the US PS Blog that Crash Commando will receive some add-on lovin’ this week along with a free patch August 27.
The add-on will include six new characters: Colonel Chaos, Army Chick, Nukem Ninja, Maid Mayhem, Gangster Rapper and Reggae Rasta. Characters come in packs of two and will run you $1.99 each.
The Heist Map Pack contains two new large maps with the Heist game mode where you must grab the bag of cash and get to the safe to deposit it. The bag is heavy and you won’t be able to use any weapons so you must rely on your teammates. Once you get the pack, you can play Heist mode on all the standard maps too which will run you $2.99.
Also, if you prefer, you can get the map pack and all characters for $4.99.
Patch notes are as follows:
- Rebalanced primary weapons
- Portraits of the characters on the standing screen
- Access to the online store within the game
- Specific invert axis option for the turret gun
- Improved sound output levels
- Taunt animation when standing still added for original characters
- Improved BOT AI
A video of the new map pack is below the break with more information through the link.
Wed, Jul 16, 2008 | 08:19 BST
We missed this earlier, what with the news rush frenzy, and all. Sony announced a few new PSN games in its press conference this evening, as reported by Joystiq. They are:
- Crash Commando
- Fat Princess
- Pain: Amusement Park
- Rag Doll Kung Fu: Fists of Plastic
And that’s that.