Tag Archives: contest
Fri, Apr 03, 2009 | 19:15 BST
Wendy’s burger chain has an online promotion called ’99¢ Bid for Value’ that gives participants a chance to win the “Ultimate Game Room”.
All for under a buck.
The contest is a reverse auction of sorts, where answering trivia questions will bid down the price tag. First bidder to reach 99¢ wins the Ultimate Game Room, consisting of a gaming chair, plasma TV and an Xbox 360 Elite.
These prizes are given away separately too.
New prizes go up for bid every half hour starting at 11:00am EST today:
- 11:00am EST – 11:29am EST Microsoft – Xbox 360 Elite Console
- 11:30am EST – 11:59am EST Ultimate Game Chair – Ultimate Game Chair V3
- 12:00pm EST – 12:29pm EST Panasonic – 50″ 720p Flat-Panel Plasma HDTV
- 12:30pm EST – 12:59pm EST Ultimate Game Room – Microsoft Xbox 360 Elite Console, Ultimate Game Chair V3, Panasonic – 50″ 720p Flat-Panel Plasma HDTV
Good luck folks.
Tue, Feb 10, 2009 | 23:49 GMT
Blizzard wants a few dedicated and skilled combatants to enter the new World of Warcraft Global Arena Tournament, where your team can both renown and cash prizes.
According to the official WoW site, players will “battle on special Tournament realms purely dedicated to the competitive format of 3v3 Arena matches”.
The characters fighting it out will be newly created level 80s, and the teams that qualify will battle in an invitational ladder to get a chance at the finals.
Registration and all the other details through this link.
While you are here though, read on through the jump a list of patch notes for the surprise patch that Blizzard released for WoW earlier this afternoon. No, it’s not the BIG one, sorry.
Following the usual maintenance today, patch 3.0.9 should be going live on all servers, but if you want to download the patch manually, click here.
Tue, Feb 10, 2009 | 14:58 GMT
Fancy the thought of a life-size Blood Raven Space Marine guarding your living room? UK residents should head on over to the official Dawn of War II Facebook page and sign up to be a fan: you may just win one of your very own.
Standing over 2 meters (6.5 feet) high, statues are now on-site at five different GameStation stores across the UK. All you have to do is walk up to the thing, take your picture with it, and upload your photo to Facebook page. Then you need to tag yourself and the Space Marine in the photo with the location of the store.
Pretty simple really.
On February 26, the GameStation store that received the most tags will form a panel and choose the winner deemed to be the “most entertaining”. The five participating GameStation stores are:
- Hull – 59-60 Prospect Centre, Hull, HU2 8PW
- Orpington – 79 – 81 The Walnuts, Orpington, BR6 0TW
- Edinburgh – 134A Princes Street, EDINBURGH, EH2 4AH
- Blackburn – 59-61 King William Street, Blackburn, BB1 7DJ
- Stratford Upon Avon – 13 Town Square Shopping Centre, Stratford upon Avon, CV37 6AU