Tag Archives: common sense media
Fri, Jan 11, 2013 | 14:51 GMT
Common Sense Media has released the results of a study conducted in the US, which found that 75% of parents surveyed believe violence in video games contributes to violence in
the United States.
Mon, Oct 31, 2011 | 00:06 GMT
According to research funded by Common Sense Media, gaming is becoming increasingly mainstream among young children.
Tue, Sep 14, 2010 | 10:50 BST
According to a recent study from Common Sense Media in the US, over 72 percent are in favour of a ban of selling violent games to minors. Shock, there.
Tue, Dec 08, 2009 | 18:45 GMT
Common Sense Media has released its annual list of 10 games parents should avoid purchasing, wrapping, and setting under the tree this year.
Titled “10 Cool Games That Are Uncool for Kids”, the list offers “safe alternatives” for each title that is currently popular and not safe for children.
Here it is:
- Assassin’s Creed (Mirror’s Edge)
- Borderlands (Infamous)
- Brutal Legend (Ghostbusters)
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Battlefield: Bad Company)
- Dead Space: Extraction (Deadly Creatures)
- Dragon Age: Origins (Braid)
- Grand Theft Auto IV: The Ballad of Gay Tony (Batman: Arkham Asylum)
- Demon’s Souls (Uncharted 2: Among Thieves)
- Left 4 Dead 2 (Overlord II)
- Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars (C.O.P.: The Recruit)
We wonder at the compilers’ choice of Overlord II with all the baby seal bashing that goes on, but opinions are opinions, we reckon.