Tag Archives: Cataclysm
Wed, Jun 30, 2010 | 23:21 BST
World of Warcraft’s lead designer Tom Chilton has said that it may not “make sense” in the future for the game to have a subscription fee.
Thu, May 20, 2010 | 00:02 BST
Blizzard has released the first images of the Worgen, this one being a female, that will appear in WoW: Cataclysm.
Also, it has been announced that the Remote Auction house for the MMO has gone into Beta.
Fri, May 14, 2010 | 19:43 BST
Thu, May 06, 2010 | 18:18 BST
Screenshots from some of the zones and information on the Cataclysm expansion for World of Warcraft have leaked like a sieve out of the exclusive Alpha testing phase.
Thu, Apr 08, 2010 | 02:26 BST
WoW fans, the day prophesied in your holiest of books is nearly upon us.
Tue, Jan 26, 2010 | 23:14 GMT
Blizzard production director J.Allen Brack has said that those expecting just an update to World of Warcraft with Cataclysm should be prepared for a “shake up”.
Wed, Sep 16, 2009 | 17:26 BST
Some screens from World of Warcraft: Cataclysm popped up today.
The shots show the the oceanic realm of Abyssal Maw, which is ruled by Neptulon the Tidehunter.
Shack has ‘em, go have a look.
Mon, Aug 24, 2009 | 08:46 BST
The news never sleeps. Thankfully, neither do Nathan, Steph and Johnny. BlizzCon 2009 brought a huge amount of new detail on Blizzard’s portfolio over the weekend, including the announcement of a new Diablo III class and a brand new upcoming WoW pack in Cataclysm.
You could try to get everything from the “internet”. That would be stupid. Because it’s all here.
- BlizzCon 09 Press Panel: No charging for WoW mods, Blizzard iPhone games, more
- BlizzCon 09: Blizzard uses StarCraft II map maker to create third-person RPG, shmup, Super Zerg
- BlizzCon 09: Battlestar Galactica’s Tricia Helfer to play Kerrigan in StarCraft II
- BlizzCon 09: Diablo III Q&A panel
- Race changes coming to WoW
- A new hero class in WoW: Cataclysm? Don’t count on it
- BlizzCon 09: Release date for Diablo III yet to be announced, says Blizzard
- BlizzCon 09: Diablo III trailers featuring the Monk
- StarCraft II to support premium player-created maps
- Cataclysm Panel: Guild advancement system detailed, new race/class combos, Raganaros returning
- BlizzCon 09: Cataclysm and StarCraft II only titles for 2010 [UPDATE]
- BlizzCon 09: Cataclysm zones revealed, detailed
- BlizzCon 09: Diablo III in-game screens show off Monk class
- Blizzcon 09: Debut WoW Cataclysm trailer is live
- Blizzcon 09: First screenshots of WoW: Cataclysm
- BlizzCon 09: And here’s the WoW Catacysm logo
- BlizzCon 09: Goblins playable race in next WoW expansion
- BlizzCon O.C.: New World of Warcraft expansion announced, called Cataclysm
- Monk revealed as fourth Diablo III class [Update]
- BlizzCon 2009 Opening Ceremony liveblog
Fri, Aug 21, 2009 | 22:52 BST
Update: Ripten is reporting that Mike Morhaime has told DirecTV that, while he won’t give a specific date, Diablo III will be released this year.
Okay, now that sounds a lot better than 2011. Shockingly better. Unexpectedly better. Dreamland better.
Still, we will have Nathan poke around for more to be sure. It sounds too good to be true, honestly.
Original Story: Blizzard CEO Mike Morhaime has confirmed to Geoff Keighly and Kate Hunter that the just-revealed World of Warcraft expansion Cataclysm and StarCraft II are only titles the company expects to release in 2010.
So where does this leave Diablo III? Apparently, not in 2010 as expected.
We will have Nathan corner a Blizzard person and get more on this. Make him threaten bodily harm if need be – or at least a heavy tickling.
Fri, Aug 21, 2009 | 20:39 BST
Chris Metzen, Blizzard’s VP of creative development just took the stage at BlizzCon and announced the new expansion for World of Warcraft, along with two new playable races.
Looks like the new races are Goblins on the Horde side and Worgen are the new alliance race.
Cataclysm was just announced despite earlier leaks and it looks like new dungeons, flying mounts, raids and dungeons will be present as well.
The Opening Ceremony just finished, and you can have a look at what was all revealed, and not revealed, here.
Wed, Jul 01, 2009 | 22:10 BST
Blizzard has filed three trademarks for the name Cataclysm.
All of them have to do with covering videogames, toys and the like. Standard stuff for a game company, really.
Speculation has ensued, stating that Cataclysm may refer to the next World of Warcraft expansion due to its relation to the Sundering themes present in the MMO.
We won’t really know until Blizzard wants us too though.
You can find out more over on BlizzPlanet.