Tag Archives: board of directors
Fri, Apr 18, 2008 | 12:02 BST
Trust us: you really can’t be bothered trawling the web for this lot. Not a huge amount happened at the Take-Two AGM in New York last night, but for the completists among you, we’ve put everything in one handy place. It’s because we love you. And hate bed.
- Take-Two AGM: Zelnick takes two questions then shuts meeting
- Take-Two AGM: Listen to the full meeting online
- Take-Two AGM: Shareholders approve Zelnickmedia incentive package, EA calls foul
- Take-Two AGM: Shareholders re-elect board until 2009
- Take-Two AGM: “Take-Two is worth more than $26 per share,” says Zelnick
Fri, Apr 18, 2008 | 09:12 BST
In what pretty much sums up the entire Take-Two AGM last night, Gamespot brings word that chairman Strauss Zelnick answered only two shareholder questions before shutting up the meeting.
The floor was then opened to stockholders’ questions–of which there were only two. First, Zelnick declined to answer a query as whether Take-Two had entered into any confidentiality agreements with other potential buyers, as it has previously publicly hinted. Secondly, he refused to comment on today’s announcement that the Federal Trade Commission was investigating the possibility that an EA takeover could violate antitrust laws. Then… the meeting was unceremoniously adjourned, leaving analysts and reporters to ponder Take-Two’s next move.
Brilliant. Read the rest of last night’s happenings here, should you be bothered.
Fri, Apr 18, 2008 | 06:22 BST
You can listen to the entire Take-Two AGM here, should you feel the need. The whole thing went off without a hitch, unfortunately. Read the rest of our coverage here.
Fri, Apr 18, 2008 | 09:11 BST
Take-Two shareholders passed a proposal at last night’s company AGM to grant ZelnickMedia, Take-Two’s manager, 1.5 million shares of restricted stock.
EA communications boss Jeff Brown immediately waded in on the news, saying the approval was like “asking your last employer to give you a million dollar raise and forcing your new employer to pay it.”
Take-Two only allowed shareholders before February 19 to vote on the matter, a date five days prior to EA putting its original bid public. Apparently, more than half Take-Two stock has changed hands since, effectively cutting 50 percent of Take-Two’s shareholders out of the vote.
Zelnick called the criticism “disingenuous” and noted that the company extended the opportunity for shareholders to put proposals on the ballot, which they did not do. EA, he added, knows how record dates are selected for shareholder meetings and there was nothing unusual about Take-Two’s February 19 cut-off.
Fri, Apr 18, 2008 | 06:10 BST
Shareholders at Take-Two’s AGM in New York last night voted to keep the current board in place until 2009, the company has announced. Confirmation that Strauss Zelnick and the rest of the chief execs would be in place until this time next year was not announced at the meeting, apparently, which, by all accounts, seemed rushed and dull. There wasn’t even any swearing.
“Today’s vote demonstrates stockholders’ confidence in management and the Board of Directors of Take-Two,” said Zelnick. “The Board and management remain committed to acting in the best interests of stockholders. We are confident in the significant growth potential of Take-Two and in the unique value of our business given our strong position in this dynamic industry.”