Tag Archives: Bad Company 2
Sat, Nov 14, 2009 | 16:55 GMT
AMD has comprised a list of games that will support DirectX11, and DICE’s Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is on the list.
According to The Tech Report, AMD handed over the list of games during a presentation, and it is worth noting that S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat is listed as well, although listed with an incorrect release date.
Gaming engines, DiRT 2, and Aliens Vs. Predator are listed as well, with Battleforge, DDO: Unlimited, and Lord of the Rings Online slated to support DX11 via patches.
The full list can be found through the link.
Thu, Oct 29, 2009 | 14:11 GMT
Update: There’s shots of the goodies included with the limited edition posted here. Thanks, TomisH.
DICE and EA announced this morning that a limited edition release of Battlefield: Bad Company 2 will land on shelves.
Within it, you’ll find six special gameplay unlocks that give players a tactical advantage on the battlefield, which are as follows:
- Improved Vehicle Armor – An up-armor package is mounted on all vehicle types, decreasing the effect of both explosive and penetrating warheads, significantly improving vehicle survivability.
- Supreme Vehicle Firepower – Additional weapon packages are mounted for the driver of all armored vehicles, greatly expanding the range of targets the vehicle can successfully engage and destroy.
- Vehicle Motion Sensor – Use this electronics warfare package to locate enemy units in direct proximity to the vehicle.
- Tracer Dart Pistol – This magnetic dart attaches to any vehicle surface, allowing squad members to track, lock on, and fire rockets onto moving targets even beyond line of sight.
Two classic Battlefield 1943 weapons:
- M1A1 Submachine Gun – Reliable but heavy this classic weapon is a powerful force in the hands of any Battlefield veteran.
- M1911 Pistol – Highly customized M1911 are favored for its dependability and the power of its large .45 caliber round.
Game’s out March 2 ad 5 in North America and Europe, respectively, for PC, PS3 and Xbox 360. The limited edition will cost the same as the standard version, and will remain available while supplies last.
Full press release is after the break.
Wed, Sep 30, 2009 | 18:15 BST
EA has released the first in a series of videos showcasing Bad Company 2′s multiplayer.
The first one is posted following the break.
It’s out on March 2 and 5 next year for PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 in the US and UK, respectively.
Wed, Aug 19, 2009 | 00:32 BST
Fri, Jul 10, 2009 | 18:34 BST
Patrick Liu, lead producer for Battlefield 1943, has said that the franchise is not going “kiddy” as some assumed with Battlefield Heroes, and will instead swing more towards the “core” crowd with upcoming titles.
“I wouldn’t say it’s a certain future, to go broad – maybe it’ll be the other way around actually, to focus down again to the core,” he told Kikizo. “We have plans, definitely, but I can’t go into them now. A concern that a lot of fans have is that we’re going “kiddy” with Battlefield, which isn’t true. It’s a segment right now, but it’s in no way a certain future for the franchise.”
Liu also told the site that single-player campaigns will receive more focus in future games, starting with Bad Company 2.
“Bad Company 2 is going to be even more focused, I think, on single player than Bad Company 1 was. Bad Company 1 was really our first try at making a single player campaign, DICE haven’t made that before. So we learned a lot of things making that game, and all that learning is going into Bad Company 2.
“So we will definitely try to improve and expand on the single player part of Battlefield.”
More through the link.