Tag Archives: 3d realms
Tue, Aug 19, 2008 | 17:28 BST
3D Realms’ George Broussard has told Shacknews that Duke Nukem XBLA is finished and will be released “soon.”
“We officially passed final cert on our first try Friday, August 15th,” said Bruossard.
When asked about price, he said: “about what you’d expect.” So anywhere between 800 and 1200 Points, we’d imagine.
According to the official site, the game is now in the hands of Microsoft.
By Mike Bowden
Fri, Jun 27, 2008 | 22:37 BST
When asked by Next-Gen why Duke Nukem Forever won’t be making the trip to E3, 3D Realms chief Scott Miller had a pretty straightforward answer.
“We view E3 as irrelevant nowadays,” he said. “In fact, I wasn’t even aware it was coming up.”
We suppose that would be an issue when you’re developing your game under a rock. Never fear, though. Everything’s still on track.
“Development is swimming along nicely,” Miller added. “Seriously nicely.”
Thu, Jun 26, 2008 | 20:18 BST
Well strike us pink and call us Shirley. According to this Voodoo Extreme post, 3D Realms isn’t going to show Duke Nukem Forever at E3 this year. Did anyone expect otherwise?
Fri, Jun 06, 2008 | 06:47 BST
Update: It’s true. We just watched it. It’s a nice looking shooter with a shrink ray. And a worm with teeth. It’s embedded after the link.
Or is was posted. Apparently this Jace Hall movie contained the first ever in-game footage of Duke Nukem Forever, but has not either been pulled or is having bandwidth issues.
According to the site: “Jace Hall lands an exclusive interview with George Broussard and Scott Miller of 3D Realms. He even gets to play Duke Nukem Forever, the game that’s been in development for over 12 years – and Jace has the footage to prove it!”
Plenty of the posters in this Evil Avatar thread saw it before it went tits up, so we’re keeping the faith that it did actually happen.
Hopefully someone’s nicked it and we can have a look this evening.
Tue, Apr 29, 2008 | 13:58 BST
Shacknews has been to 3D Realms’ offices to actually, properly view Duke Nukem Forever, as you can see here.
We actually got to see the truth of Duke curator George Broussard’s many past claims, including environmental puzzles and interactivity, a host of finished weapons, the existence of an in-game forklift, and plenty of heads and arms being blown off.
We both confidently agree that after seeing this demonstration, Duke Nukem Forever is looking great, and will easily stand apart from the crowd in both visual and gameplay styles.
You pretty much have to read that, so off you go. No release date as yet. We kill ourselves.
Tue, Mar 18, 2008 | 17:56 GMT
3D Realms boss Scott Miller has claimed that Prey 2, the game that “pioneered” the idea of spacial portals that led Valve to the head of myriad game of the year lists last year, will “leapfrog” Portal when it’s finally released.
“While Prey pioneered the portal concept, Valve’s Portal took it to an all-new level,” he said. “It really shows what you can do when you focus on a single core cool gameplay concept. So, while Portal impressed the heck out of us, it has also inspired us to return the favor to Valve and hopefully leapfrog them as they did us. We believe we have new ideas for portals that will keep the portal race interesting.”
Prey 2 was seemingly accidentally announced over the weekend, with the site that showed concept art for the game – the homepage for Miller’s new venture, “IP Incubator” Radar Group – being taken down in short order. Miller did expand on the game in the interview, however.
“In the original Prey, the lead character, Tommy, was too reluctant, and didn’t realize his hero status until late in the game,” he said. “So, in the new game we’re making him a hardened, take-charge character who’s learned fast from his previous experience, and ready to accept his status as a galactic savior. We’re definitely beefing up the combat—expect more enemies onscreen simultaneously versus 3-4 in the original—as well as the spirit powers. And while the original was too much of a corridor shooter, Prey 2 will have much more variety and wide-open areas: think CoD4 to get a good idea of what we’re shooting for in terms of open-world look and feel.”
Scott’s always good for a read. Take a look.
Wed, Feb 20, 2008 | 06:24 GMT
According to this, 3D Realms boss Scott Miller has been quick to defend his company after it came to lilght yesterday that it was being sued by a team that claims to have had the original idea for sci fi game Earth No More.
“I can’t say much, because this is a legal matter. Except, I will say we are fully innocent, and that these guys are just looking for a quick score,” he said.
Cinemagraphix Entertainment shopped an idea around in 2005 for sci-fi game called Earth No More, 3D Realms being one of the companies to see the presentation. The Duke Nukem Forever developer then announced a sci-fi game called Earth No More in June 2007.
Tue, Feb 19, 2008 | 07:38 GMT
According to this, Cinemagraphix Entertainment is sueing 3D Realms for copyright infringement over a project called Earth No More.
Apparently, Cinemagraphix shopped an idea around in 2005 for sci-fi game called Earth No More, 3D Realms being one of the companies to see the presentation. The Duke Nukem Forever developer then announced a sci-fi game called Earth No More in June 2007.
Cinemagraphix doesn’t think this is coincidence. In January the company filed for damages, including $150,000 and a share of the game’s profits. The claim is that 3D Realms not only stole pinched the name, but the premise and concept art as well.
Thu, Feb 14, 2008 | 21:01 GMT
Following the small nuclear explosion a earlier this months about supposed 2008 release date for Duke Nukem Forever, the Dallas Business Journal has posted a recording of part of its conversation with developer 3D Realms’ boss Scott Miller.
Miller actually says, “It might make this year. We can’t make any sort of official announcement. We’re pushing for this year. Frankly, I think we’re going to miss it by just a by a few months, but it’s definitely an internal push.”
Thu, Feb 07, 2008 | 21:23 GMT
3D Realms boss George Broussard said that lessons had been learned by the developer in the wake of the Dallas Business Journal story last night that apparently confirmed a date and platforms for shooter Duke Nukem Forever.
Speaking on the company’s forums, he said:
“I’d like to address the article the Dallas Business Journal put up today.
“In what appears to be an unfortunate turn of events, there seems to have been some confusion between what was ‘off the record’ and what was not. I suppose we’re used to dealing with gaming press and not mainstream press. Lesson learned.
“While we have internal targets, dates and goals, like every developer, we are not ready to share them. What’s amazing about this is that the DBJ must have assumed that we’d actually announce a date to them, and not gaming press, and that even in the light of Scott’s quote of “We can’t make an official announcement.”, the DBJ effectively did that. Lesson learned.
“The release date is still ‘when it’s done’, and will be until the appropriate moment. Platforms have not been finalized or announced. You can rest assured that we are moving toward a goal and that the recently released teaser trailer is the start of that process and seeing more of the game, sooner than later.
“We apologize to gamers and websites everywhere for this series of events. Sometimes, you can be too trusting of people and assume things that come back to bite you. Lesson learned.”
Tips for people speaking to journalists that don’t want the things they say going on the internet: learn how to say “off the record” very loudly.
Thu, Feb 07, 2008 | 21:23 GMT
3D Realms boss Scott Miller has responded to claims by the Dallas Business Journal that he has set platforms and a date for long-in-development shooter Duke Nukem Forever.
“As usual,” he told VG247 in response to a question of the original article’s validity, “the press got it wrong. Sigh.”
The article in question claimed that Miller said, “We haven’t formally announced any platforms for DNF, but, of course hitting the big three makes the most sense (PC, PS3, 360)” in an email exchage, and also set a 2008 release date for the game.
An Xbox Live version of Duke Nukem 3D was also detailed in the piece, to feature “on-line multiplayer support, Xbox Live achievements, on-line score boards, and a co-op mode”.
Miller quickly refuted the story’s content on Shacknews.
Thu, Feb 07, 2008 | 10:05 GMT
According to this, 3D Realms is disputing that the release date and platforms for Duke Nukem forever were disclosed in a story written by the Dallas Business Journal.
The original piece said that 3D Realms boss Scott Miller said, “We haven’t formally announced any platforms for DNF, but, of course hitting the big three makes the most sense (PC, PS3, 360)” in an email exchage. The Dallas Business Journal story also claimed Miller had said the game was coming out this year.
A full statement from the developer is expected later today.
Wed, Feb 06, 2008 | 18:05 GMT
3D Realms president Scott Miller appears to have confirmed a 2008 release for Duke Nukem Forever as well as plans to release the 12-years-in-the-waiting game for consoles as well as PC.
“We haven’t formally announced any platforms for DNF,” wrote 3D Realms President Scott Miller in an e-mail exchange with the Dallas Business Journal. “But, of course hitting the big three makes the most sense (PC, PS3, 360).”
In a statement dripping with irony, Miller claimed a 2008 release for the shooter, saying that “we may miss the mark by a month or two, but I feel very confident that we’re on target this time.”
Not only that, but Miller also “confirmed the existence of a downloadable Xbox Live Arcade version of Duke Nukem 3D, which will feature on-line multiplayer support, Xbox Live achievements, on-line score boards, and a co-op mode” according to this.
You know that smiley with the colon and the “o”? That’s us right now.