Sections

Mario Sunshine themed Watergun MP TPS

Home Forums Games Mario Sunshine themed Watergun MP TPS

This topic contains 25 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  polygem 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author

polygem
    Participant

…seriously – i want that. So bad!

marioshooter

Digital Bamboo
    Participant

That could actually be really fun.

Was a great mechanic, trapped in a middling world.

polygem
    Participant

if done with a lot of care, like the new mario kart game, something like that could take off like crazy.

they could allow you to use different nintendo characters like in smash bros, cutomize your watergun a bit, like in mario kart etc…

they could have their kids friendly, all ages shooter game and i believe that a lot of people would actually embrace something like that.

Joe Musashi

Not. Gonna. Happen.

Not with the direction Nintendo are moving in and their fondness for taking online functionality common to the world, crippling it, and putting up a ultra-limited, curated equivalent instead. It’s simply not in the company’s history or psychology.

It’ll just have to remain fap material for fanboys.

JM

polygem
    Participant

And i thought that you have played Mario Kart 8…

Joe Musashi

Oh, milking 20 year franchises over and over is entirely within Nintendo’s history and psychology. No question.

JM

polygem
    Participant

so there´s a chance for it you say?

Joe Musashi

polygem
    Participant

thanks.

i disagree though.

i think we´ll see something like this.

Gonna. Happen. Soon.

mario kart 8´s online works really well. it´s slick, easy, functional, reliable.

the matchmaking is just as good as it is in a cod game.

the fact that the game lacks voice chat only benefits the overall experience imo.

especially because the game offes you different ways to communicate instead.

by the way, the consoles all cripple online functionality compared to the pc. a lot. you should keep that in mind.

in that sense, the wiiu has found a pretty good way to get past these limitations by creating it´s own, unique online structure.

the online functionality is ahead of the competition in many ways in that regard actually.

in mk 8 you can upload videos instantly, friends can comment on them, draw, post unlockable stamps etc.

very modern, innovating stuff happening right there.

Joe Musashi

“the online functionality is ahead of the competition in many ways in that regard actually.”

It limps to the standard set by other services. It does so for a single game.

Taking an exception and stating it outperforms the standard set by others is pure fanboy reality-denying delusion. It’s also factually incorrect as:

“the game lacks voice chat”

The absence of what, for over half a decade, has been regarded as standard functionality is factual. Your opinion of that lack of functionality does not alter the fact that their online functionality is far, far behind the competition.

Nintendo don’t have the infrastructure or tools to support a game of this type. The’ll do MMOs before they do competitive MP TPS. Not that they’re moving in the direction to do either venture.

Not. Gonna. Happen.

“Gonna. Happen. Soon.”

Define “soon”. Nebulous, intangible claims are cowardly, insubstantial and prove absolutely nothing. Sidestepping this part of your argument will show it up as the usual polygem bullshit bluff and bluster that 95% of your posts are.

by the way, the consoles all cripple online functionality compared to the pc. a lot. you should keep that in mind.

Completely irrelevant.

JM

polygem
    Participant

I really understand why you think miiverse is shit. a guy like you wouldn´t be able to use it at all.

try some good will. then we can discuss.

bye bye. thanks for killing the thread.

Joe Musashi

We were exchanging on-topic counterpoints.

It’s not like I came in, with a clear and sole intent to derail by demanding personal information from you that wasn’t even relevant to the topic now is it?

Bluff and bluster, as always.

JM

Digital Bamboo
    Participant

Looks like you may get this after all, except it’s called Splatoon.

polygem
    Participant

yes, i would have preferred the one i imagined but this looks promising too and it is definitely a step in a good direction. looks like a lot of fun really. looks more like a digital only game to me though…who knows, maybe that mario sunshine shooter is also in development :D

Joe Musashi

The announcement of Splatoon (great title) pretty much proves me utterly and comprehensively wrong on my initial “Not. Gonna. Happen” response. I’m always happy to be proven wrong with factual evidence.

Whilst there’s still a number of points I raised that remain unaddressed at this time, I’m delighted that Nintendo brought such a surprise offering to their E3 presentation.

It also looks to make deft use of the Wii U’s tablet controller.

JM

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.