Sections

Disqus

This topic contains 11 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  CyberMarco 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Patrick Garratt
    Keymaster

I’m seriously considering implementing Disqus for commenting across the entire site. It’s pretty obvious the forum isn’t working particularly well and I think we need to reduce friction for people that want to comment.

What do you think?

Hcw87
    Participant

Sounds good to me, this means implementing it under the main news sections too aswell? Because you can’t even edit comments there at the moment. Anything would be an upgrade as it is currently.

Patrick Garratt
    Keymaster

Yep. You’d get threading, reply notices, featured comments and all the rest of it.

Patrick Garratt
    Keymaster

And in-line editing.

Gekidami
    Participant

I’d rather not have threading for the comments in articles. That generally tends to turn sites comments into an unreadable cluster fuck.

Joe Musashi

So Disqus would replace the article comments system and also this BBPress forum?

JM

CyberMarco

Amen!

Dragon

If threading is disabled and comments are shown in chronological order (much like current system), I would welcome it.
    However, is it still on?

DarkElfa
    Participant

Whatever works man.

thegrimmling
    Participant

Isn’t going to Disqus like, giving-up and admitting that the low paid intern who coded this was a moron?

Darkfield
    Participant

Pat which statement regrading Disqus implementation is true?

A) I’m thinking about it

B) I have thought about and decided to dismiss it

C) The necessary steps to implement this feature have been taken and it’ll come, Soon™ ¹

1. Soon™; As defined by Blizzard Entertainment: “Soon” does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. “Soon” shall make no contract or warranty between Blizzard Entertainment and the end user. “Soon” will arrive some day, Blizzard does guarantee that “soon” will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on “soon” as Blizzard will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at “soon.”

Example: The Diablo III patch v2.1 will be released soon.

CyberMarco

Probably Valve time Soon™.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.