My current laptop is a Sony Vaio
CPU : Intel Core I3 , M 330 @ 2.13GHz
CPU Clock Frequency : 2.13 Ghz
System memory : 4GB
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 , 512MB
Windows 7 , 64 bit.
I'm looking for a more smaller, more compact and more mobile machine. It's gonna be mostly for :
- Browsing the internet, reading gamenews and such.
- Streaming movies & shows, Youtube.
- Writing articles for our own gamesite.
- I'm expecting it to be very handy at game-events, while watching presentations and writing articles of it in the meantime.
- When i go on trips by train.
- All the other things like, putting music on my Ipod, using file explorer to organize files and what not.
Looking at the Microsoft Surface because it's a nice size, only 5 inches smaller screen than what i got now, which is fine for me. Plus i really dig that detachable keyboard. However, it's going to cost 600 dollars. And i wonder if there are other alternatives. I got a big laptop now and since i'm looking for something smaller, is an Ultrabook a good alternative as well? If so..what Ultrabooks should i be looking at? It doesn't nessecarily need to be more powerful than what i have now. I don't care about games requiring powerful specs.
As for the Surface, apparently it uses Windows RT and i hear alot of negativity on it, but why? If i can do all the things i mentioned on it, i'm good with it. Or am i?