As their are no tips WHAT SO FUCKING EVER in the booklet, I've been looking on the net.
1) Spotting - If you press select when aiming at someone, he's marked for the whole team on the map. So if you don't slot them, hopefully your team will.
2) - Spawning. Don't just hammer X to get back into the game. Take a look at the map for. the cicles where your team is. Try to get nearer the action, saves time. Though don't get too close, or you'll be looking at that map again real soon.
3) - Support actions. If your Assault or Support class, press that left directional button near any of your squad. You'll drop meds or ammo respectively. They only have to be near it to benefit & you get mucho points.
4) - Beware the bushes! Don't go charging past the shrubbery, theirs a 90% chance some douche has made it their home.
5) - Click the the R3 stick to put the vehicle your driving into 3rd person. Helpful when maneuvering tight spots, but shit for aiming. Click back into 1st person to shoot bad guys.
6) - Stick to your guns. Pick a class, get comfy, then stay with it till you bling up your gun a little. Then move on. If you start getting spanked, switch back to your comfy class.
7) - Squad Chat. In the voice options, switch it to squad or team. If on squad you'll only hear your squad mates, If on Team... well you get the Idea. Though apparently the ps3 has a glitchy system at the mo.
8) - Try to stay with a squad, more guns on enemy means you live longer. If your mates get killed, hang back so they can respawn on you. BF3 is more about staying alive, rather than gunning for glory.
9) - Take notice of your surroundings. Theirs gun emplacements and rocket launcher tubes.dotted about. Use them.
10) - You cannot fly. I know you should learn by doing, but heli's are tricky. Stay in the ground vehicles and let others jump in with you. Theirs a co-op mission with a heli for you to practice with.
Now this Is a very basic set of tips, but I've only played a hour or two. If any veterans have a few nuggets they want to share, please do :)