I WILL POST NO SPOILERS SO ENJOY!
The Game, Fallout Called and they want their Engine Back!
First, Lets get my Fan Boy out of the way. I love the Resistance Series. I love any, "Alien Invades Earth, then Tries to Terraform Earth, War of the Worlds Style." I bought the Resistance Toys and proudly Display them in my video game cabinet, I bought the Resistance Comics from the Sony Store and read them on my PSP. So I love the Story of Resistance and all it Entails!
I knew the Game was still in House but under new direction, but I also knew they had 2 good games to work from, and expected a Spectacular third game, but WOW, I was WRONG!!!
Lets Put aside the typical failings of SP games like this with Atrocious AI, yes it still sucks. The Chimera enemies still follow a very scripted path and will just stand there while you shoot them 6 times in the head, not forgivable, but I am used to it.
1. Pop the Disc in the first time and you get the Patch Update, Patch 1.03 and the Patch is a HUGE 637 megs, Over half a Gig, not a Good Sign. The Bigger the Patch, the Bigger Chances of Problems and Bugs.
2. So I start walking around and I just randomly bump some dining Room Chairs, and WOW...I am Some Repulsion God...just barely touching them with my imagined Hip or legs, sends some Flying all the way across the room so hard they half disappear into a wall or they sink into the floor like it is lava.
3. The Cut Scenes show me as a tall man, but yet in First Person Mode, I must shrink down to a Level 1 dwarf, because I am always looking up at people, and never feel like I am looking at them eye to eye, Killzone had this problem too!
4. Try a Jump, I dare you. White Men really can't jump, not even a few inches it appears.
5. Next,try climbing a ladder. First they Flash for you in-game so the developer obviously wants you to use them, but some mysteriously flash but won't allow usage. The HUGE problem is climbing them. When your Character starts to climb them, he gets Turrets Syndrome all of a sudden and jerks his way up...say what???
6. This One I LOVE and call the Chimera Balloons. Sometimes when you kill a Chimera, they start to float up in the air like a Balloon, until this mysterious tether stops them, and they just float like a Balloon tied to a rail. I have actually video taped this and will YouTube it when I get a Chance and add the link later at the bottom. Maybe the Chimera have pouches of Helium that Expand upon Death?? ROFL
7. Speaking of a Dead Chimera, don't walk up and look at them when you kill them, because PS1 Graphics Chip called and they want their Chimera's Back. What the Hell Happened to the richly detailed Chimera? For some reason when you shoot them, their Color fades to a gray dull color, and this may be intentional on the developer part, but wow the details of the dead Chimera are Horrible. In game 2 the dead ones were richly detailed and looked great, now they look like they are made out of play-doh!
8. Oh and don't look at the Guns that you are holding, they looking Play-Doh'y too!
9. Finally..BUGS BUGS BUGS...which may explain the MASSIVE Patch that downloads right away. Some Chimera when they Drop out of Drop Ships actually go halfway into the nice hard ground like it is LAVA, yet again. One Chimera got stuck and started vibrating so hard, I thought he would lock up the game, but I shot him and when he fell, he mysteriously whet to the Center of the Earth, One of many Glitches
Ok the GOOD NEWS...The Team that did the Scenery and Scenery Ambiance did an INCREDIBLE JOB, sadly so far with an hour of playing, that is all the good news I have to say.
I have yet to MP, so someone else will have to speak on that...but Wow I feel like I am playing a really BUGGY Fallout Game.
Stay Frosty My Friends!