Let's stop bitching about the obvious failings of the site for a bit, and take a few minutes out of our day to introduce our gaming selves.
I'll keep mine short.
I started out on ZX Spectrum, where I became a master of Chuckie Egg. Next was NES, SNES, (a little megadrive on the side), N64, gamecube, PS2, Wii, and PS3.
I love five kinds of games:
1) any game where I can explore and discover in some way. For example, Twilight Princess, Deus Ex, Demon's Souls.
2) any game that makes me feel something is a great game too. For example, Rez, Ico, The Last of Us.
3) Games with rock-fucking solid gameplay mechanics. For example, SuperMarioWorld, Vanquish, Excite Truck.
4) Games with perfectly realised worlds. For example, Metroid Prime, Bioshock, Dead Space 1, Jak 1, Arkham Asylum, Limbo, Braid, etc.
I hate three kinds of games:
1) war simulation games.
2) sports simulation games.
3) driving simulation games.
I'm 38, I'm an Irish guy, and I live in Japan, and game primarily on a PS3, and am hoping to get a PS4 at some stage, possibly a Wii U if my resolve crumbles, and a steambox some day too if Valve can achieve half of what they're aiming for.
Right, how about the rest of you? What kind of a gamer are you?