The moment has finally arrived. We're about to go public with our biggest tech upgrade yet.
VG247 v2.0 will go live at 8.00am (ish) GMT next Tuesday, February 1.
You will get:
- "My News" - a system for storing favourite articles
- Completely revamped design
- New navigation
- New galleries
- Related VG247 stories
- Related stories on other sites
- Properly embedded audio and video in article pages
- Global log-in (site and forum are now one and the same)
- Facebook "Like" buttons on all articles
- New categories: indie, mobile and more
- A new logo (!)
- Restructured serving (which means much better performance)
- A bunch of other stuff I can't remember
You won't get:
- An ignore button. Hilariously, this would have crippled the database and is the only thing we couldn't have. The tech bods are insistent that we can't do it. You'll just have to put up with each other a while longer.
This is a full relaunch and will give us a platform for further growth. If you have any questions I'll answer everything I can, but otherwise you'll see the new site on Tuesday morning.