If you have been on a short break from Conan Exiles, you should know a patch was issued yesterday. It fixed quite a few things, but also broke a rather important item: the waterskin.
The patch notes on Steam main mention of various fixes being applied to the loading screens and server performance, and NPCs in Conan Exiles should also be “less jittery” when rotating.
However, along with those welcome fixes, some known issues have occurred with the update in the process.
One is the aforementioned waterskin which can no longer be filled at a nearby river once the patch is applied.
It can still be filled from a well, so hopefully you aren’t far from one. Funcom said it currently investigating the issue.
Other issues include inventory issues which can be solved upon relogging, and it seems issues are also being reported with explosive jars and jump “boosting”. Also, foundations and placeables no longer have a a visible preview when in single player/local mode. Dedicated multiplayer servers aren’t experiencing this issue, it seems.
Here’s more known issues currently being addressed:
- Looting several bags with “Loot All” causes items to disappear.
- Dropping multiple items into a bag causes items to be invisible.
- Dismantling crafting stations with items in them will sometimes not drop a loot bag. Other times, a small lootbag will drop, which grows in size once players interact with it.
Now that the known issues are out of the way, you can look over the latest patch notes below.
Performance and Tech fixes
- Fixes to loading screens
- Server performance fixes
- NPCs should be less jittery when rotating
- Fix for connecting to servers via the Steam server browser and when using Steamconnect
- Buildings should now load in much faster
- Placeables placed on foundations and ceiling tiles are now saved correctly
- Several improvements to how rocks behave when they are harvested
General Bug Fixes and Improvements
- Small Placeables no longer claim land
- NPC camps now have their own land claim zone to prevent people from building so close to them that they stop spawning NPCs
- You should no longer get phantom duplicates in the wheel of pain
- T2 Altars should no longer disappear after a server crash
- Surrender should no longer break early when using fists
- Removed invisible collision that was blocking a certain chest in the world
- Arrows no longer shoot in “Random crazy directions”
- Ranged weapons should now always fire correctly
- Rhinos should no longer try to walk through players
- Palisades now correctly deal damage on contact
- Palisades should now be easier to place
- Fixed a case where players were able to destroy rocks with their fists. Sorry, but this privilege is reserved only for Conan himself.
- Fixed an issue where interactable objects would spam “Press E to interact” on the GUI
- Added a directional arrow to many Placeables to help players orient them correctly
- The Offering of Mitra recipe now correctly requires 1 human heart and 1 unblemished meat
- Fixed an issue with stair placement detection
- Gongs and Horns are now audible over greater distances
- Added new emotes that can be learned by tracking down Story NPCs and getting them to teach you
Balance and Gameplay Fixes
- Some skill requirements have been simplified or removed. For example, it is now possible to learn Journeyman Craftsman as soon as you hit level 10. Due to the impact of this change all players have gotten a free skill respec.
- Ansel now respects collision, preventing people from moving through walls and other structures
- Non Admins are restricted to 2 meters of movement when using Ansel
- We have done an overhaul on what monsters can damage which tier of buildings. If you haven’t upgraded from sandstone you might want to think about doing that.
- Increased crafting XP across the board with greater increases for crafting more complex (higher tier) items
- Inverted Wooden Roof Wedge and Stonebrick Frame now require Journeyman Craftsman instead of Master Craftsman
- Black rocks in the starting desert are now harvestable
- Higher grade tools now yields greater amounts of secondary resources (Bark/branches)
- Resetting your Knowledge Points no longer causes you to lose your selected religion
- Removed Corruption sources from starting area caves
- Removed the Regen component from Purified Meat. This perk is reserved to Mitra’s Ambrosia and Healing Potions. Purified Meat is still an extremely good food source
- Player corpses can only be harvested for religious purposes once every 30 minutes
- Balance pass on the amount of materials requires for basic chemistry potions
- Armor drops removed from chests
- Emus now give less XP
Balance pass on Bows
- Simple Bow range has been increased
- Hyrkanian Bow range has been dramatically increased
- Crossbow range has been reduced but they now shoot much faster
- The Dogs of the Desert finally got their uniform shipment and are now donning their new outfits
- Visual adjustment to the Medium Tasset to reduce clipping issues
- Visual adjustments to the Setite Choker and Shendyt to reduce clipping issues
- Updated Cutlass and Falcata icons
- Visual flair added to several hairstyles
- Visual improvements to female heads
It will also be made available as an Xbox One Game Preview title in the spring , with PlayStation 4 planned for a later date.