Winners of the 34th annual Golden Joystick Awards have been announced for 2016.
As always, winners were voted on by the public, with nominees posted on September 1.
Last year, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt walked away with more trophies than any title, and this year the game took home four, counting publisher and acting categories.
Overwatch won five awards: Best Original Game, Multiplayer Game, Best Gaming Moment, Competitive Game of the Year, Best Gaming Moment and PC Game of the Year.
Ultimate Game of the Year went to Dark Souls 3.
The list of winners in each category are posted below.
- Best Audio: Fallout 4
- Best Gaming Moment: Play of the Game in Overwatch
- Best Gaming Performance: Doug Cockle as The Witcher 3’s Geralt
- Best Gaming Platform: Steam
- Best Indie Game: Firewatch
- Best Multiplayer Game: Overwatch
- Best Original Game: Overwatch
- Best Storytelling: The Witcher 3: Blood and Wine
- Best Visual Design: The Witcher 3: Blood and Wine
- Breakthrough Award: Eric Barone (Stardew Valley)
- Competitive Game of the Year: Overwatch
- Competitive Play of the Year: coldzera’s jumping AWP quad kill at MLG Columbus
- Critics Choice Award: Titanfall 2
- Gaming Personality of the Year: Sean Plott (Day (9))
- Hall of Fame: Lara Croft
- Handheld/Mobile Game of the Year: Pokemon Go
- Innovation of the Year: Pokemon Go
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Eiji Aonuma
- Most Wanted Game: Mass Effect Andromeda
- Nintendo Game of the Year: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD
- PC Game of the Year: Overwatch
- PlayStation Game of the Year: Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End
- Studio of the Year: CD Projekt Red
- Ultimate Game of the Year: Dark Souls 3
- Xbox Game of the Year: Rise of the Tomb Raider
- YouTube – Upcoming Personality of the Year: Jesse Cox
The 34th Golden Joystick Awards took place on November 18 at the Indig02 at London’s O2 Arena.