Need for Speed’s latest update, which comes with new cars, more garage space and Drag Racing, is out this week. You can expect the Manual Transmission update “as early as next week.”
Here’s everything under the hood for this week:
New Cars: Two new Hot Rods
- 1932 Hot Rod which will come with four unique Bodykits
- The Aaron Beck ‘BeckKustoms F132
New Events: Drag Racing – Five new Drag events to take part in; Neck to Neck, The Perfect Shifts, Drag the Town, Pedal to the Metal and Speed Tunnel.
New Feature: The Warehouse – Starting next week the garage will receive an upgrade for an additional five cars.
- Includes a system allowing users to position decals with a lot more accuracy. This information will now be shown in a panel below the selected decal in the edit decal menu.
- Text Decals 2.0 and selectable fonts make it easier to “write” on the car.
Animations within the Wrap Editor are also being improved including:
- Animation indicating when a decal has been added to a vehicle
- Improved animation to indicate more clearly the selected decal on a vehicle
- Speed up info text animation when showing an action happening
Three new Achievements and Trophies:
- Drag Queen – Win five Drag Race events
- Wrap it up – Download a shared Wrap
- Kustom kar – Buy your first Hot Rod
The “Living Game update” will also include:
- Improved Snapshot overview screen in the Need for Speed Network menu so you can find out more about your snapshots
- Improvements Snapshot Pro mode
- More campaigns for Rep / Cash and Discounts
- A variety of tweaks and improvements including game play, World and audio
- Multiple stability fixes
And don’t forget, Need for Speed will release on PC March 17 through Origin Access.