With the release of Far Cry Primal comes a day one patch and it includes Expert Mode.
The Day One Patch promises to “enhance” the playing experience, as well as challenge players with the added mode.
It will make enemies be more challenging and Takkar will also be more vulnerable to attacks with reduced aim and smarter enemy AI.
Here’s more on Expert Mode:
- Players’ health has been halved compared to Hard difficulty.
- Reduced players aim assist.
- AI shoots faster by 1/3
- Enemies in combat are not shown on mini map by default (they appear only if they are tagged).
- It takes the AI a longer time to “forget” you when you hide
- The aim assist box is reduced for several weapon types (bow, club, spear)
- The player damage is reduced
Some tweaks and changes will also be applied with the Day One Patch. The notes are below. The patch is 564MB on PlayStation 4 and 561MB on Xbox One.
Stability & Performance
- Optimization and stability have been improved
- Improved lighting
Weapons & HUD: Improved reticle display
Wildlife & AI
- Improved beast companion behavior
- Fixed rare animation issues
- Improved visual of the mammoth when it destroys objects
- Improved animal fighting behaviour when triggering a fight
Design & progression
- Tweaked and balanced XP rewards
- Tweaked the damage ratio of certain recipes
- Improved overall balancing
- Improved animations of weapons on fire
- Fixed issues with lit weapons during cinematics at night
- Improved player navigation and small collision issues
- Improved camera transition and minor collision issues on cinematics