Fallout 4 update 1.4 is now available to Steam users who opt into the beta.
The latest Fallout 4 update is mostly focused on improving performance and squashing bugs, but it does add a stack of settlement items including Super Mutant and Raider-themed items. Good for making a home for Strong, eh?
The patch is currently only available on PC via the usual beta channels, but will launch in full on PC, as well as PS4 and Xbox One, once testing is complete. Bethesda promised more information on this soon. It shouldn’t be too long, as the patch also adds support for Fallout 4 DLC, which kicks off in March.
Full patch notes follow, and are well worth glancing over if you’ve had an annoying niggle. While the last few updates have done a great job of ironing out the wrinkles, with a game of this size and complexity there always seem to be more to smooth over. Thus we find fixes for the way Pip-Boys go invisible while swimming; Kellogg’s desk refusing to open after the battle; the missing key cards in Vault 75; and the mysteriously absent Calvin Whitaker.
I’m most interested in some high-level perk fixes. Grim Reaper’s Sprint is a heck of a perk, when it works – which you’ll definitely want it to, since it doesn’t come cheap. Fixes to Demolition Expert are also welcome, and I’m interested to see whether Sneak attack damage goes up or down with Ninja and Sandman balancing.
- Support for add-ons
Additional art customization added to Workshop:
- Super Mutant clutter including meat totems, meat bags and meat cart
- Raider clutter including raider poles, cages and tents
- Abstract and portrait paintings
- Variety of new signs
- More metal and wood doors variants
- General stability and performance improvements
- During “Getting a Clue” quest, Kellogg’s desk will remain a working container
- During “Rocket’s Red Glare”, resolved issue where companions could not be dismissed after completing the quest
- Fixed an issue with “Kremvh’s Tooth” quest item not spawning properly
- Settlements under attack will now display an updated message with the results of the attack if player does not respond
- Fixed an issue with screen effects not clearing away properly after using a scope
- Fixed an issue with trying to sprint while in third person with a minigun equipped
- Rank 4 of Demolition Expert perk now properly increases the area effect of explosives
- The Scrounger perk now includes additional common ammo types
- Fixed an issue where Calvin Whitaker would disappear in Vault 81
- Fixed an issue where Ninja and Sandman perks combined would apply the incorrect damage bonus
- Fixed an issue where Rank 3 of Grim Reaper’s Sprint did not fill critical meter properly
- Fixed an issue with key cards not spawning correctly in Vault 75
- Fixed an issue where enemies would stop spawning during “Airship Down”
- Being in first person while wearing power armor and quickly switching weapons will no longer cause the Pip-Boy to be stuck
- Fixed an issue with the autosave counter getting incorrectly reset
- Fixed issue that would cause the Pip-Boy menu to turn invisible while swimming
- Fixed an issue where scrapping larger quantities of a single item would inadvertently scrap a legendary item
- Fixed issue where exiting workbenches would cause third person to stop working properly
- The Scribe can now be assigned consecutive settlements properly
- Fixed issue with duplicating scraps shipments
- Fixed issue with vendors not properly exchanging caps after several consecutive transactions in a row
- Fixed issue with the quicksave and autosave message persisting through loading screens
- Fixed an issue where updating to the latest patch would cause Options settings to reset back to default (Xbox One)
- Fixed an issue with loading save with a placed object in water, not properly floating