XCOM 2 is now slightly better, Commanders.
A small XCOM 2 update is now available. The hotfix won’t fully resolve the performance issues many players have reported, but it will allow you to progress past a few unpleasant bugs.
Firaxis has promised “additional fixes and performance updates” in patches over the next few months.
“It is important to the team that we address the issues below as soon as possible so fans can get back to enjoying the game. Stay tuned for more information on future updates,” the developer wrote in a Steam Community post.
Hotfix patch notes follow.
- Player is unable to progress to scan in the Geoscape after completing the Resistance Communications research via Tutorial – This will fix previously affected saves.
- Unable to load saves with a Chryssalid Cocoon – This will fix the issue, and for previously affected saves.
- Adjustments were made to Texture Streaming to assist with periodic frame spikes.
- Using the preview voice button for a modded voice pack will no longer crash the game when in the armory.
- Removed 8x MSAA from default Max settings.