The upcoming beta for The Division won’t be without bugs or other hiccups. These are all the known ones.
Ubisoft has outlined a list of known issues you may encounter when playing The Division beta this week. The list covers all platforms, but nothing looks particularly severe on any of them.
Slow loading textures on all versions seems to be the prime issue. For those of you recording gameplay using a capture card, you may also run into issues if you’re using Windows 10.
Remember, if you’re looking for a group to play The Division, our partners at The100.io have the perfect LFG solution.
Find the full list below:
- Capture cards – Players using Windows 10 will experience corrupted video signal output when using an external video capture card/device. Models affected: Atomos Assassin, Elgato Gaming HD60, Atomos Shogun and potentially more
- Textures – World textures may render very slowly after a player respawns
- VSync – Players using VSync will experience significant FPS drops [Workaround]: Don’t use VSync
- Windowed/Borderless modes – FPS mays drop below 20 when the game is played in windowed or borderless mode [Workaround]: Use fullscreen to maximize FPS
- Nvidia Graphics – Players may experience graphical corruptions and visual artifacts when using Nvidia Graphics Cards
- Population – In instances where the Dark Zone is overly crowded in a small area, players may experience performance issues such as delayed damage or animation glitches
- Character selection – Players may experience graphical corruption around their character model in the character selection screen on resolutions higher than 1080p
- Saving Private O’Brian – The second wave of enemies does not always attack the player if he eliminated the first wave too fast Workaround]: Exiting the mission area and re-entering it will reset the mission
-PS4 & Xbox One
- Premium subscription – Players may become stuck in Dark Zone checkpoints if their premium console subscription expires while the player is inside the checkpoint
- Vibration option- Controller vibration option switches ON each time the player respawns
- Unable to shoot – Players may be unable to shoot or switch weapons after exiting Chelsea Pier [Workaround]: Restarting the game should fix the issue
- GPS – The GPS in the World Map may send the player to dead ends or through areas outside the Beta map area
- Languages – After installing the game in any other language than English, the game will still launch in English the first time [Workaround]: Select your language in the language selection screen on first launch of the game
Bugs & Glitches
- Proximity Voice Chat – Players may experience problems when communicating with Proximity Voice Chat in the Dark Zone such as poor audio quality or temporary interruptions [Workaround]: Proximity chat is currently limited to 8 players at a time
- Falling through map – Players will fall through the map when joining another user that is watching the Intro Cinematic [Workaround]: The player will be teleported back to his checkpoint once exiting the playable map volume
- Action – Ubisoft Club Beta Action may not unlock when the user created a Uplay account in the same play session [Workaround]: Relogging should fix this issue
The Division beta starts tomorrow on Xbox One, you can find exact times for all platforms from here.