The PC specs for Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 have been confirmed well ahead of the game’s November 6 release.
Releasing the specs over six months before the game is due highlights how far along the game is in development. The specs are designed with low end and high end builds in mind.
Get a load of these:
- Operating System: Windows 7 64-Bit / Windows 8 64-Bit / Windows 8.1 64-Bit
- Processor: Intel® Core™ i3-530 @ 2.93 GHz / AMD Phenom™ II X4 810 @ 2.60 GHz
- Memory: 6 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 470 @ 1GB / ATI® Radeon™ HD 6970 @ 1GB
- DirectX: Version 11
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Sound Card: DirectX Compatible
“We have a dedicated team working on features and optimisation specifically for the PC that’s focused on ensuring we can deliver the best PC game possible for Call of Duty,” said Treyarch boss Mark Lamia at a briefing last week.
“For players on high-end rigs there are feature-rich options for them. You’ve invested in your rig, you want to be able to turn on all those options and play all maxed out.”
“And with moderate PCs we’re doing a lot of optimisations up front and making sure you can have an awesome experience too.”
Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 will be released on November 6. All players who pre-order the game will get access to the open beta.
Matt Martin recently visited Treyarch Studios. Activision paid for accommodation and flights.