EA’s gamescom 2014 press conference was marred by a choppy livestream, but the publisher still brought its A-game.
EA didn’t faff about this year; it had a solid line up of games to show and it just got on with it. Some of the presentations felt a little long – I needed to pee about 45 seconds in, so, you know – but that’s a lot better than sizzle trailers and hours of executive waffle, right?
The stream had a very rocky start, with many fans unable to watch the Dragon Age: Inquisition gameplay demo. We’re hoping EA will release an archived version of just that bit soon. Unfortunately, it wasn’t preserved in the Twitch archive, as the stream cut out entirely several times – but you can watch the whole conference on EA’s gamescom hub.
Or you could just read all about it, as they say. Here’s the news:
- This NHL 15 gameplay trailer shows the next-generation of hockey games
- Next-gen goalkeepers are the focus of this new FIFA 15 gameplay trailer
- Watch this Dragon Age: Inquisition trailer since you couldn’t watch the stream
- The Sims 4 Gallery lets you share characters and worlds with other players
- FIFA 15 Ultimate Team has loan signings and friendly seasons
- BioWare’s new RPG is PC exclusive and online only
- Watch the first Battlefield: Hardline campaign gameplay footage
- New Battlefield: Hardline multiplayer modes have fast cars and hostage rescue
- Player housing finally comes to Star Wars: The Old Republic next week
- Have a look at FIFA World’s shiny new engine
- IMC Rising is Titanfall’s third DLC pack, coming this year