It stars a Templar named Shay Patrick Cormac who is hunting assassins.
Like the earlier leaks, the game once again tasks players with controlling a ship as they sail the Atlantic from Alabama all the way up to the Northern Atlantic around New York and up to Quebec. The player will even venture into the Appalachian River Valley.
Shay’s story links to that of the Kenway family in Assassin’s Creed 3 and 4, and somehow ties into Assassin’s Creed: Unity.
It is set during the The Seven Years’ War which took place between 1754 and 1763.
The game is featured on the September cover of Game Informer along with Assassin’s Creed Unity.
A collector’s edition of the game that includes an art-book, three lithographs, the original soundtrack, and two additional single player missions is available now via the Ubisoft Shop as well as at selected retailers.
Assassin’s Creed Rogue is out this fall on November 11. Entire fact sheet, screenshots and box art are below.
1751. North America. Amidst the chaos and violence of the French and Indian War, Shay Patrick Cormac, a fearless young member of the Assassins order, undergoes a dark transformation that will shape the future of the brotherhood forever. After arguing over a dangerous mission gone tragically wrong, Shay is betrayed by the Assassins who attempt to end his life. Cast aside by those he once called brothers, Shay sets out on a mission to wipe out all who turned against him and ultimately become the most feared Assassin hunter in history.
Introducing Assassin’s Creed Rogue, the darkest chapter in the Assassin’s Creed franchise yet. As Shay, you will experience the slow transformation from Assassin to Assassin Hunter. Follow your own creed and set off on an extraordinary journey through New York City, the wild river valley, and far away to the icy cold waters of the North Atlantic in pursuit of your ultimate goal to bring down the Assassins.
- Become the Ultimate Assassin Hunter
- For the first time ever, experience the Assassin’s Creed universe from the perspective of a Templar. Play as Shay, who, in addition to the deadly skills of a Master Assassin, also possesses never before seen skills and weapons of the enemy:
- Equip Shay’s deadly air rifle to be used for both short and long range combat. Distract, eliminate, or confuse your enemies by using a variety of ammunition, including specialised grenades
- Protect yourself from hidden Assassins in the crowd with your enhanced eagle vision. Use your vision to constantly assess your surroundings and detect Assassins hiding in the shadows, on rooftops, and in the crowds
Slowly Descend into Darkness
Witness Shay’s transformation from an adventurous assassin to a grim and committed Templar willing to hunt down his former brotherhood. Experience first-hand the events that will lead Shay down a dark path and set him on a course that will forever change the fate of the Assassins.
New and Improved Naval Gameplay
Cast off in your ship, The Morrigan, and fight your way through the icy seas of the North Atlantic and the narrow waters of America’s river valleys. Assassin’s Creed Rogue builds on the award winning naval experience from Assassin’s Creed® IV Black Flag™ with all new gameplay including:
- New enemy tactics: Defend yourself from reverse boarding as the Assassins attempt to board your ship and overthrow your crew. Fight them off quickly to avoid losing too many crew members.
- New weapons such as burning oil, which leaves a trail of fire behind to burn enemy ships, and the puckle gun, capable of delivering continuous machine-gun-like fire.
- Use the arctic to your advantage: Destroy icebergs to gain additional loot or ram through ice sheets to overtake enemy ships.
Vast Diverse Open World to Explore
- Shay’s story will allow you to explore three unique environments.
- The North Atlantic Ocean. Experience the cold winds and towering icebergs of the arctic in this expansive naval playground.
- The River Valley. A large hybrid setting of the Native American Frontier mixing seamless river navigation and ground exploration.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.