The Square Enix Humble Bundle packs in some proper good games

Tuesday, 22nd July 2014 23:57 GMT By Brenna Hillier

The Square Enix Humble Bundle is a sequence of unmitigated delight (except for Daikatana and Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days).

humble_square_enix_bundle

The bundle includes a stellar line up of great games, mostly from the Eidos contingent. The base pay-what-you-want bundle includes the original Thief Gold, the incredible and under-appreciated Anachronox, Mini Ninjas, Hitman: Codename 47, Hitman 2: Silent Assassin and *cough* Daikatana.

Cough up higher than average ($7.38 at time of writing) to receive Deus Ex: Invisible War, Deus Ex: The Fall, Hitman: Absolution, Nosgoth Veteran Pack, Battlestations: Midway and more games to be revealed soon.

Go whole hog and fork out a ridiculous thrifty $15 to also score Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director’s Cut, Just Cause 2, Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, Deus Ex: Game of the Year Edition, and *cough* Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days.

As usual, you choose how the proceeds are split between publisher, organisers and charity; this time, you’ll be benefitting GamesAid and Make-A-Wish.

Unfortunately, it’s all PC exclusive this time so Mac and Linux users are out of luck. Note that all products redeem on Steam.

1. Takeshi

Other than for charity the only game that’s really worthwhile to me would be Deus Ex: HR. Played a bunch like Hitman: Absolution and Kane and Lynch 2, but HR is one I would want to play again.

#1 4 months ago
  2. TheWulf

Wait. Anachronox, Mini Ninjas, and the original (actually brilliant) Thief in the cheaper tier, but nothing good in the more expensive tier? I don’t think that is how this is supposed to work!

Suffice it to say, probably worth something just for the aforementioned, especially Anachronox which was a genuinely sublime title. If it’s not the same as the GoG version, though, then be careful to make sure you get it patched up to 1.03 with the unofficial patch.

#2 4 months ago
  3. TheWulf

Oh, wait. I didn’t see Human Revolution. I thought they only had The Fall, there. Okay, so they DO have something worthwhile in the more expensive tier. Not sure how I glazed over that.

#3 4 months ago
  4. TheWulf

There’s also Anachronox. Frankly, anything from the golden era of gaming has a chance of being good, but Anachronox was spectacular. Look it up at your favourite review parlour if you like, but it was sublime. Good humour, some fantastic writing all around, a genuinely bizarre sci-fi Universe that went far beyond what most are brave enough to do with games, and lots of variety within how it plays (though mostly it’s a JRPG send up).

I love Anachronox so much.

#4 4 months ago
  5. TheWulf

Oh oh oh. Thanks Bren. This will allow me to get my lady friend Anachronox, as I’m absolutely certain that given how damned quirky that game is, she’d love the socks off of it.

#5 4 months ago