Is the new X-Wing fighter going to be in upcoming Star Wars games?

Monday, 21st July 2014 19:44 GMT By Sherif Saed

Star Wars: Episode VII filming is under way, and we now have our first look at the new X-Wing fighter. Which begs the question, are we going to see this in any of the upcoming Star Wars games?

star wars

We know that are currently two Star Wars games in the works at EA. Star Wars: Battlefront, the multiplayer first-person-shooter developed by veteran Battlefield developer DICE. We’re going to be taking our proper first look at it in Spring of next year, with a release possibility of the same year.

The other game is an action game, currently being developed by Dead Space developer Visceral. Amy Hennig of Uncharted fame is writing it. Which could end up being something in the vein of the excellent looking Star Wars: 1313, which we’ll never get to play sadly.

There’s a very good chance LucasFilm and Disney are keeping tabs on all of the games in development, and are providing the teams with valuable assets from the film, considering LucasFilm has deemed some previous Star Wars games non-canon.

Here’s the video featuring director J.J. Abrams, with the dented X-Wing in the background.

I, for one, would love to shoot down fools from inside the new X-Wing.

1. YoungZer0

Used-Future for the win. So glad to see they’ve gone back to the best parts of the original art-direction.

#1 2 months ago
  2. ddtd

@YoungZer0 Plus, they’re using actual sets and props, not greenscreens and markers! :)

#2 2 months ago
  3. Panthro

Yeah the props I have seen them using so far are amazing, I even saw a video of a guy talking about being shown the Millennium Falcon set, he said it brought him to tears how authentic and true to the original series it felt.

I was hesitant about it, but now I cannot wait.

#3 2 months ago
  4. Hunam

The Z-95 is new?

#4 2 months ago
  5. Sherif Saed

@Hunam They said it’s not a Z-95.

#5 2 months ago
  6. KesMonkey

@YoungZer0 “Used-Future” Future? Star Wars is set “A long time ago”. ;)

#6 2 months ago
  7. Hunam

@Sherif Saed Oh. Well. Huh.

Are they sure?

#7 2 months ago
  8. KesMonkey

@Hunam If you look closely, you can see where the wings and the engines appear to split in two. It is very similar to the Z-95 though.

#8 2 months ago
  9. Sherif Saed

@Hunam I mean, it took me like a minute to decide if I want to go with X-Wing or not, but this tweet swayed me.

#9 2 months ago