Destiny beta tips: all secrets, Hunter, Titan, Warlock class guide

Monday, 21st July 2014 11:29 GMT By Matt Martin

Here’s your full beginner’s guide to the Destiny beta, an in-depth look at each playable class and a list of all the secrets and hidden extras in Bungie’s shooter.

destiny_titan

The Destiny beta is currently underway and it’s pretty damn huge. To make sure you don’t miss anything, we’ve put together a list of everything you need to know, including the changes since the alpha release, a guide to all three character classes and where to find the game’s hidden secret content.

Get on it.

Destiny beta: all-purpose beginner’s guide

Destiny beta: what’s changed since the alpha release?

Destiny beta: walkthrough of first mission

Destiny beta: detailed guide to Warlock, Hunter & Titan classses

Destiny beta: secrets, collectables and pastimes

1. my_girl

need help on Destiny! new gamer

#1 5 months ago
  2. SpacemanSpliffz

The link for the bottom section is broken

#2 5 months ago
  3. StockBet.com

What is the purpose of the fur?

#3 5 months ago
  4. Seventizz

Now that we’ve all played the Destiny demo…err, Beta (sorry Nintendo onlys, you lost again), can we all agree that it’s terrible?

It’s World of Warcraft with guns except…

* A dull story
    * Nothing is cute – not the characters, mounts, NPCs, environment, nothing. There’s dancing – but with nothing going on – who cares? It feels tacked in to remind players they’re playing an MMO.
    * There is no humor or personality – nada, zilch, nothing.
    * Poor visual customization. Everyone is in an Assassins Creed hoodie. You can barely make out low to high level armor – everyone looks identical. Can you tell a Hunter apart from a Warlock? Or a human apart w/e the other races are?
    * Boring enemies and Boss fights. From 0-8 (where I quit playing), I saw six enemies over and over again, and 2 bosses. Oddly, both bosses were practically ported over from WoW’s Ahn Quiraj dungeon.

I was skeptical about the game – but I’ve more than confirmed I do not want to get involved with Destiny. Not even in a bargain bin. This can rot in a store shelf as far as I care. I’d play a 2007 NBA game over this garbage. And I hate sports games.

Master Chief Collection can’t come soon enough!!!

#4 5 months ago
  5. marporte

You really can’t judge an entire MMO “world” by a demo where your capped and you see a small portion of what it has to offer. Your rushing to get the MC collection which is a copy and paste of Bungie’s work but you have little faith that Destiny will turn out good. You quit playing without coming across the all the enemy types and hidden bosses and invincible ones that had rare items and loot. You also don’t know about subclasses and how they will play into each character’s build and how you can customize your own play style. Did you make it to the moon or purchase a new ship or speeder or try the ones there probably not. MC collection will be a slam dunk because it is a retread of Bungie’s work some remastered MP maps that were based of off Bungie’s original work as a starting point. I want to see what Bungie’s vision is because if most of the world judged it by Halo 1 by only a small section of the actual game people would complain about the recycling backgrounds and stupid AI for the allies and not give Halo 2 a chance.

#5 5 months ago
  6. NotPanthro

@marporte

suck on dat destiny dick

#6 5 months ago
  7. marporte

@NotPanthro I don’t judge games in MMOS in bete when they have done the one thing they are supposed to do which is keep stable. Why the heck is your name Not Panthro?

#7 5 months ago
  8. Rapha1405

I don’t think Destiny is a bad game well I don’t think I am able to judge it properly but it’s simply not my game. I’m not a fan of MMOs and never was, I played the demo for a while and I won’t lie to you, there were thinks I enjoyed. But everytime when I started to think “Hey, that’s actually not that bad” I got reminded that it’s an MMO. I am happy that I was able to play it for a few hours, cause now I know that it’s probably a good game but a probably good game that I don’t like.
    I know that’s not helpful for anybody but I wanted to say this :D

#8 5 months ago
  9. Seventizz

@marporte Of course you can ‘judge’ a game by it’s demo – that’s what they’re there for. And if you think this is anything more than a demo – you know very little about marketing.

#9 5 months ago
  10. Opalauge

@marporte

I don’t wanna destroy your hopes and dreams, but it seems that THIS will be your “…entire MMO “world” by a demo where your capped and you see a small portion of what it has to offer…”

So I assume Bungie is holding back already finished content to sell ist als DLC…if not then I’m asking myself what they have done the last 5 years.
    I had fun with the demo, but this game has many construction sites…many…

#10 5 months ago
  11. polygem

#5 +1

criticism without drama and overreaction, like in post #8…it has become very rare on this page. thank you for that post.

my 2 cents: you can´t judge a full game on a beta. you get an impression…but then, people are calling whole systems shit without even owning them, so let them judge if that makes them feel better…it definitely doesn´t give them any credibility. it is just the internet.

i loved the beta. what was there worked superbly well and i am very aware that most of the game was locked away from me.

i am super excited about the full game.

#11 5 months ago
  12. 2021vince

people are so funny. I understand if you don’t like the game different strokes for different folks but some just go on and on and exaggerate things to the fullest. to me being the halo fan I am feel as though this the game for me the PVE could be a little more but its more than enough and the pvp (once they do something bout them mode breaking vehicles) is everything I expected and more. I bet everything I own that half the people going crazy abut content didn’t even play the campaign on the last 3 call of duties lol shit I know I didn’t and wont play it on the next on either

#12 5 months ago