Pay what you want for BioShock, The Darkness 2 and XCOM Declassified

Tuesday, 8th July 2014 20:48 GMT By Matt Martin

The Humble 2K Bundle is practically a gift to tight arses and cheapskates the world over.

bioshock21

You can name your price for BioShock, The Darkness 2 and The Bureau: XCOM Declassified.

If you up your stakes a little and pay above the average you’ll also get BioShock 2, Mafia II and Spec Ops: The Line.

Wait! Cough up a full $20 and you’ll also be able to download BioShock Infinite and XCOM: Enemy Unknown. Why would you ever pay full price for a game again?

Get on over to the official site and Hoover that shit up.

1. Homer2014

dawn, I bought Declassfied for 4 € during the Steam Summer Sale :)

#1 2 months ago
  2. Takeshi

Ridiculous price. People should definitely take advantage of it.

#2 2 months ago
  3. Hcw87

This makes the XBLG VS PSN+ discussion over on the other article look funny as hell.

5$ for games that would cost over 10 times as much on other systems. And there are even MORE games added to the pack next Tuesday.

#3 2 months ago
  4. dazedonthemoon

@Hcw87
    I got a bunch of these games free on Plus……. So…… Yeah.

#4 2 months ago
  5. Hcw87

Which you’ll lose access to when you stop your PSN+ sub. PS+ is a rental service, these games you own forever when you buy them.

#5 2 months ago
  6. polygem

Well plus isn’t exactly free either to be fair.

Steam and other digitally distributed games (like in the example above) on PC…it is relevant if you talk about these issues.

I don’t get it. People always point out that console exclusives are relevant to differentiate console gaming from PC gaming. They are not getting tired of it. Day in day out. They say that it is more accessible (which is more and more becoming a myth tbh, times are changing), that console gaming is cheaper (not so sure about that anymore in the long run) etc. etc.

But if someone points out that a game looks and runs better on PC, is cheaper on there too, then that’s irrelevant of course. Completely different thing. You can’t compare. Lala lala…not hearing that. Then you are only allowed to compare console X with other consoles…No not with other consoles in general, scratch that, not the wiiu of course, that thing is irrelevant too and comparing it to the superiority of favored console X or P is an insult. (If you say that PC tech is superior to consoles, always is, by design, that’s irrelevant – see above)

Don’t know if this is ignorance…or playing kindergarten…probably both.

Too many fans. Not enough substance.

#6 2 months ago
  7. polygem

@polygem
    Not talking about you here dazed. Just to clarify.

#7 2 months ago
  8. Game Hunter

@polygem what are you doing here?your football team just nuked Brazil 7 times last night and instead of celebrating with your buds and drink you come to the drought land of games?
    Nah,I know you did.I’m not from Deutchland but I’ve been a huge fan of its football team since 2006.I hope they win the cup this time.

#8 2 months ago
  9. Llewelyn_MT

Good times! I have both XCOM and the Bioshock series, so the middle tier is perfect for me. The full package is highly recommended though.

#9 2 months ago
  10. thegrimmling

@polygem You forget that PC gaming has a higher cost entry point for most people, but if you are an avid gamer, you can spread that cost over the years. Including the need for hardware upgrades.

I recently went from PS3 to a gaming PC. I hooked it up to my living room TV, so I saved on the cost of monitors, but I still spent around $1,500 USD over all the parts and peripherals. THEN I went nuts on Steam summer sale and that cost me another $300… I got about 90 games…lol!

#10 2 months ago
  11. Panthro

@dazedonthemoon

For free XD

Makes me laugh every. damn. time.

#11 2 months ago
  12. Panthro

@thegrimmling

Which would have cost you above $2300 (That’s being generous) when on consoles, Average game price hovering at £25 if you pick them up late (like you do in Steam sales)

#12 2 months ago
  13. thegrimmling

@Panthro Not necessarily when you consider waiting for sale prices, free games due to memberships, make-downs, and the secondhand market.

Games on physical media can save you the most money, while ones bought through XBLA/PSN is what you have to watch for sales.

With PC, there is enough competition with the digital distribution vendors, we can get decent deals. But the initial hardware cost causes PC to have a higher margin of value to overcome. (This is excluding using the hardware exclusively for gaming.)

On PC’s side, theoretically, once you own a game, you can own it forever. I can boot-up a DOS game now as I will be able to play a present game in the future on different hardware. Not like I will have to hold an old PC just for the games I bought while using that machine.

#13 2 months ago
  14. Hcw87

New games added.

XCOM Complete pack (the old games).

#14 2 months ago