The Game Boy is ancient and so are we all

Sunday, 6th July 2014 23:32 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Warning: the latest “Kids React To” video may make you feel about 10,000 years old.

Look at these children. They probably all have their own iDevices or Androids. They can download and play games in seconds, and sometimes they look almost as good as console and PC games – and those devices can do about a million other things too. How ridiculous our clunky, ancient green-screened portables must look, with their pathetic battery life and lack of touch screens.

If this doesn’t make you feel a billion years old, you’re doing better than me. Excuse me, I need to go bathe in the blood of maidens now.

Thanks, Kotaku.

1. Digital Bamboo

That was hilarious.

#1 6 months ago
  2. Untold stories

Shit i felt old but I felt sad that these damn kids can’t figure out how to put a damn cartridge in

#2 6 months ago
  3. TheWulf

Psh. Kids these days don’t know how good they got it, with their fancy-schmancy LCD screens and camatridges. Back in my day, you started a computer by popping a cassette into a tape recorder, typing LOAD “”, and hope that within 10-20 minutes you’d actually play a game, rather than be denied because the tape stuff itself was wrinkled, or your drive had become magnetised.

Those C64 fellas thought they were so hot, too, when they got camatridges, too. But they were as expensive as all get out and didn’t really do anything a tape or disk didn’t all ready do. Plus, you were denied the lovely BOOOOO-GREK of a Spectrum audibly converting data from an analogue sound source. It played that data over your TV, so you’d get a nice, sensory overload with loads of flowing lines to boot. That’s what games were back then! None of this camatridge nonsense, what were you plug the plastic thingy in and you get your game right away.

Where’s the challenge in that?

#3 6 months ago
  4. TheWulf

I find it’s necessary to do this, now, too.

:I

#4 6 months ago
  5. FreeZZa

The worst was when one of the children said: ‘I know this. It’s an iPhone case’. I cried a little… But it’s a new generation of kids and we may think they’re spoiled. But I still kinda make fun of my mom for having a TV with only two stations ;).

#5 6 months ago
  6. Sadismek

I’m avoiding Kids react like plague since the Walkman episode came out. Hurts me too much :(.

#6 6 months ago
  7. Bomba Luigi

To be fair, what some of this saing is a lot smarter thrn most of the stuff you read in comment Sections :p

I still have my old Gameboy, it looks like shit but its still working! It wasnt build to be replaced a year later like a lot of stuff today. Damn, I really sound old.

#7 6 months ago