What if you could design every organ of your Elder Scrolls Online character?

Friday, 4th July 2014 00:38 GMT By Brenna Hillier

The Elder Scrolls traditionally offers pretty robust character customisation options, but this really takes the four-armed, six-livered cake.

The video below, produced by satirical news site The Onion in collaboration with Zenimax Online, explores a future in which character customisation becomes even more robust than the already fully-featured creation suite in The Elder Scrolls Online.

Even with the tools we have now, there comes a point about three minutes into setting up cheekbones where Viggo clones start to look pretty attractive, you know? No wonder there are so many default human males running around.

Thanks, Destructoid.

1. ninjakenzen

By ‘The Onion’…. fake as hell content that all writers who check for credible sources would know…

#1 6 months ago
  2. skeptic5396

@ninjakenzen Second paragraph, man. The writer knows it’s a joke.

#2 6 months ago
  3. YoungZer0

@ninjakenzen

It’s not fake, it’s satire and Brenna made that clear in the second paragraph.

I pity you.

Fool.

#3 6 months ago
  4. Brenna Hillier

Do you guys think I should make it more obvious in the headline? I thought it was pretty clearly a joke, but I don’t want people to think I’m trying to trick them.

#4 6 months ago
  5. boskoz

Brenna, I actually read the content of the articles I open so it was pretty clear to me it was a joke, but anyway:

“What if you can design every organ and cell in your Elder Scrolls Online character?”

Maybe a title like that would be a little more appropriate…more joke-like.
    Just an idea.

#5 6 months ago
  6. Brenna Hillier

@boskoz you know, I think I will follow your suggestion. thanks for the feedback!

#6 6 months ago
  7. djriful

omg, haHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAAGAGAG

#7 6 months ago
  8. silkvg247

This is great, :-)

#8 6 months ago
  9. Tormenter

Headline is fine. it clearly says “What if”.. not “You can”.

#9 6 months ago
  10. budoshi

We can clearly see here after watching that video, that is the extroverts that are responsible for this , and its in no doubt their faults. They were scheming , complaining about the current character customization that is too limited, in such a way that you’r were unable to make a ”douchebag” looking character perfectly, with a near perfect hair cut and big muscle with tight shirts and Asian tattoo, and the livers were all wrongs too.
    Not to mention the brains were way way too big , and you couldn’t make it smaller because it was so limited….i fear the day for them to overthrown us is near.

#10 6 months ago