Sid Meier’s Civilization: Beyond Earth has a release date, and don’t forget: if you pre-order the game will you become a recipient of the Exoplanets Map Pack.
The game will be released globally on October 24 for PC, and the as mentioned above, those who pre-order will receive the following six custom maps inspired by real exoplanets:
- Kepler 186f: This lush forest planet is one of the oldest known Earth-like planets.
- Rigil Khantoris Bb: Orbiting the closest star to our solar system, the historical records of this arid continental planet’s settlement are well-preserved.
- Tau Ceti d: This planet of seas and archipelagos features a booming biodiversity and a wealth of resources.
- Mu Arae f: Tidally locked in orbit around a weak star, the southern hemisphere of this planet is a blistering desert where the sun never sets, while the northern hemisphere is perpetually in frozen darkness.
- 82 Eridani e: An alien world of scarce water and wracked by tectonic forces.
- Eta Vulpeculae b: A mysterious new discovery with unknown terrain.
Below you will also find two videos for the game: one gives you an inside look and the other is a gameplay walkthrough.
Civilization: Beyond Earth will run you $49.99.