Thad Sasser, lead multiplayer designer for Battlefield Hardline, has compiled a list of feedback gleaned from the game’s beta, which Visceral Games has implemented into the shooter.
The list below contains the “Community’s Most Wanted” features which is basically a list of fixes and improvements which the team has “already put into the game.”
- Movement: Player speed by has been increased by 10%, and players will get a +10% bonus for running with their pistol out.
- Suppression: Less camera “bounce” with the aimpoint no longer affected but situational awareness is still affected.
- Survivalist: It was overpowered, and now players can be revived at one health and auto-inject after 5 seconds.
- High Tension – Crane Camera Shake: Camera shake from this event was “too over the top” and will be turned down.
- High Tension – Stairs in High Tension Bug: Fixed and should no longer pull players into the wall.
- Elevated Objectives: Feedback will help players find the objective when it’s above or below them.
- Special Vehicles: The team is working to add more special, drivable vehicles like the Fuel Truck into all maps. It is also working on a handbrake for cars.
- Stuck Vehicles: The ability to “nudge” vehicles with a melee attack to help get them unstuck or to be able to move past them is being worked on. “No promises, but the early prototype looks promising.”
- Heavy Vehicle Damage: Weak spots in the rear of the heavily armored vehicles have been added to make it easier to bring them down.
- Vehicle Occupants List: Adding the Bag Carrier icon to the list of teammates inside your vehicle is being worked on. This way, the player can tell when the bag carrier gets in the vehicle.
“We plan on continuing player dialogue from now until launch – and beyond,” said Sasser, adding that soon, a “ton of new multiplayer details including new maps, new modes, gadgets and our single player campaign” will be revealed.
The next beta test for the game will arrive sometime this fall.
Battlefield: Hardline is due in October on PC, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One.