GTA Online celebrates Independence Day with this new DLC

Tuesday, 1st July 2014 12:03 GMT By Dave Cook

Grand Theft Auto Online developer Rockstar North is celebrating the American Independence Day festivities with a salvo of new content.

gta_5_online_indepenence_day

Announced over on the Rockstar News Wire, GTA Online’s Independence Day Special is live for free right now, and gives players the chance to own the Sovereign motorcycle, and the Liberator monster truck.

Look at it go:

gta_online_5_1

Players can also download a range of star-spangled clothing and accesories, along with the new musket rifle and firework rocket launcher.

gta_online_5_2

Seven new properties can now be yours ranging from pads in Paleto Bay and Vinewood Hills. You can even celebrate Independece Day by setting off up to 12 different types of firework on your home’s lawn. after that’s done you can take a trip down to Pleasure Pier and ride the Ferris Whale and Leviathan Roller Coaster.

gta_online_5_3

The content will be available until mid-July, with an end date coming soon. There’s also a list of patch notes that can be found here.

Interestingly, the update includes “on call matchmaking,” which lets players accept a job invite and continue free roaming until the job fills up and begins. It basically reduces lobby wait times.

We’ll leave you with this badass image:

gta_online_5_4

1. RainzFTW

What a racist douche, that guy is.

#1 4 weeks ago
  2. FredWilkins

@RainzFTW – Don’t know who you are talking about, but I hate racist douches! They are like Illinois Nazis. Hate ‘em!

#2 4 weeks ago
  3. RainzFTW

The guy in the YouTube video, I think he’s Scottish or English, pretty offensive against the U.S.

#3 4 weeks ago
  4. FredWilkins

@RainzFTW – He’s just pissed because we kicked his country’s ass during the Revolutionary War (1775–1783). I kind of feel sorry for him because the rest of the UK seems to have overcome those bad feelings and become good friends to the United States.

#4 4 weeks ago
  5. RainzFTW

@Dave Cook

Can I request a topic that you can submit? Please, it’s a blazing fire in my heart that I couldn’t extinguish, I don’t know how to make a headline in VG247, I would make one, but I don’t know how.

#5 4 weeks ago
  6. RainzFTW

@ Dave Cook

If you make it, it would really help, not only me, but a ton of other users, it’s a topic that’s unacceptable, which is why it needs to be revealed.

#6 4 weeks ago
  7. RainzFTW

A topic about something unacceptable*

#7 4 weeks ago
  8. rafterman83

You couldn’t find it – probably time you got your coat.

#8 4 weeks ago