If you bought System Shock via the Steam Sale, you may want this mod

Saturday, 28th June 2014 20:05 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Here’s another neat nugget for your Saturday: a lovely looking mod for System Shock. Forgive me if this is old, but considering the game was part of a Flash Sale on Steam recently, and is still 60% off, those without knowledge of the mod may still like to know about it.

system_shock_mod

Everything you need to know regarding the installation of the mod is posted on Reddit. The files you need to download and steps you need to take are listed in order, and if you are still a bit stuck, there is a video tutorial for you through here which was published last year.

You can look over images of how the mod looks over on imagur.

System Shock was originally released in 1994 and has influenced many games, one of which was Deus Ex. System Shock 2 was released in 1999 and it an the original were the inspiration behind BioShock which released in 2007.

1. Revolting

Remember Citadel.

Personally, I will never forget it. Cortex Reavers, man… I still daydream about them.

#1 3 months ago
  2. Obernox

Who owns this IP? Will we ever see another iteration?

#2 3 months ago
  3. GK

perfect.do more of this.i saw this,and i bought the game.looks great,more acticles about old games and fresh mods to look games like new one :)

#3 3 months ago
  4. SN3AK

I’ve literally just finished playing this game with all the texture pack mods and it is great. Much better than the Bioshock Series.

#4 3 months ago
  5. Dimaco

I was always interested in this, so I bought it from steam a couple of hours ago. Sorry for the noob question (I am mostly a console player, y’know!), but installing these mods means practically just unzipping the files in that DataPermMods folder?
    Is there any way to make sure whether they’re installed correctly or not? Cause the resolution in my game looks sharp, but textures aren’t as crisp as those shown in the pics….

#5 3 months ago
  6. Panthro

Do more articles like this ;) I installed all of these, going to try it later on tonight!

#6 3 months ago
  7. tnrowland12

SWEET! I just got a free Minecraft card code at http://minecraftcode.me/

#7 3 months ago