Forget Steam’s Summer Sale for a sec; GOG’s bonanza lasts just one day

Wednesday, 25th June 2014 00:01 GMT By Brenna Hillier

While the Steam Summer Sale exerts a marathon ten day pull on your wallet, GOG is taking the opposite track with a rapid fire sale.

gog_summer_adrenaline_sale

GOG’s 24-hour Adrenaline Rush sale is currently in progress, and while you won’t have long to take advantage of the hefty discounts on offer, you have plenty of reasons to keep checking in with the site during this all-too-brief window.

As well as offering 30 concurrent flash sales, the event will give away four games completely for free.

“During the 24-hour Adrenaline Rush, four mystery games will pop up on GOG.com’s website – each one only for three hours, each one at an undisclosed time,” GOG said.

On top of that, the site is giving away game vouchers on Facebook and Twitter.

Head on over to GOG to get the details and participate. There’s a handy preview of upcoming sales, if you’re thinking about standing by, and at time of writing you still have a few minutes to capitalise on the earliest deals.

GOG is stuffed full of classic and indie titles, so it’s worth checking even if Steam has given you sale fatigue.

Thanks, PCGamesN.

1. YoungZer0

Wish it had more paying options. Right now this is the only thing holding me back from buying my games at GOG.

#1 6 months ago
  2. Luciferous

@YoungZer0 What would you use other than any major credit/debit cards, paypal or paysafecard?

#2 6 months ago
  3. Selderane

@Luciferous Maybe it’s a barter system thing? Like he can only trade two hogs and a goat for “System Shock 2″? The family’s prize chicken and an apple pie for “Neverwinter Nights: Diamond Edition?”

Valve is big enough that they might be able to arrange something. But GoG?

#3 6 months ago
  4. Luciferous

@Selderane That’s a bit steep for SS2, maybe one gerbil and a fist full of belly lint? That prize chicken, though… that is a fair price.

#4 6 months ago
  5. Selderane

@Luciferous I was just spit-balling. I don’t know what an equitable trade for a goat and two hogs is right now. The market is all over the place.

#5 6 months ago
  6. Digital Bamboo

@YoungZer0 Me too.

A 24 hour sale is too short IMO. Not everybody can sit around a computer all day checking in every few hours (I mean, I can presently, but I have had several jobs in the past where I had to work as long as it took to get the job done. That could mean a 10,12, even 16 hour day working outside or on the road–I would have missed the entire sale!)

#6 6 months ago
  7. Brenna Hillier

@Selderane @Luciferous this is a great thread, 10/10

#7 6 months ago
  8. asbrand

Got my Witchers, got freebies, and bunch of classics for very low price. God, I love them.

#8 6 months ago
  9. YoungZer0

@Luciferous SOFORT for example. Even PSN uses it and those guys are slowwww.

#9 6 months ago