PS4 firmware update 1.7.2 just dropped, PS3 4.60 inbound

Tuesday, 24th June 2014 10:00 GMT By Dave Cook

PlayStation 4 users can now download the console’s 1.7.2 firmware update, and the PS3 will also receive its 4.60 update imminently.

It was confirmed on Sony’s Twitter feed this morning:

We’re expecting more substantial PS4 updates in coming months however, as Sony Worldwide President Shuhei Yoshida recently confirmed that some features announced back in February still haven’t gone live, and that he’s asking his teams when they’ll be ready.

We’ll have more on new PS4 firmware updates as they drop. Stay tuned.

Via CVG.

1. Judicas

4.60 already out, updated 2 hours ago

#1 3 months ago
  2. Dave Cook

@Judicas Thanks cheers. It’s not out in all territories I believe. Where are you based? :)

#2 3 months ago
  3. Judicas

@Dave Cook New Zealand, figured we’d get it after others but guess we got it first

#3 3 months ago
  4. budgiesmuggler

Hope this PS4 update fixes the Netflix screen dimming issue I’ve had since the last update.
    After 20 minutes, the whole screen dims and the only way to rectify it is to reactivate the controller and press a button.
    The screen then wakes up again…..for another 20 minutes.

Not the end of the world but annoying.

#4 3 months ago
  5. Kieran

This might nawt fix it but you could check your display settings and theres a setting that changes the time before it dims :-)

#5 3 months ago
  6. 0ldsnake1

why don’t they release a detailed change log !? i mean what does “improve system software stability during use of some features” mean exactly !?

#6 3 months ago
  7. MaelstromOC

All of the ps4 patches have been so vague lol…. But yeah, I hope it fixes those Netflix dimming issues as well. Also, let’s get some REAL games put out on this console already! You know your title library is lacking when people’s biggest complaint about a console is Netflix dimming after 20 minutes if you turn the controller off…

#7 3 months ago
  8. LovesALLformats

Mp3 DLNA yet? Its 2014 Sony get with it

#8 3 months ago
  9. fearmonkey

I want my Youtube and DLNA support Sony!

#9 3 months ago
  10. Seventizz

Do Sony updates still take 3 hours? I packed my PS3 away a year ago and I plan on sticking with Xbox for another gen.

#10 3 months ago