Holy balls, this Trials Fusion track is incredible

Monday, 23rd June 2014 01:58 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Just look at this incredible Trials Fusion track; it’s amazing.

The video above shows off a user created track for Trials Fusion called The Cave; it’s an absolute stunner. Mark Serrels at Kotaku Australia calls this level better than anything RedLynx made for Trials Fusion, which is a pretty big call, but gosh.

The level looks brilliant and RedLynx should definitely think about contacting its creator, lest their talent escape into the wild, but you also have to admire the skill of the player’s whose Platinum run – the very first recorded for the map – is shown in the video. It’s a good five minutes before they even slightly flub a jump.

Trials Fusion is the latest in RedLynx’s famous platformer series, and is available on PC, PS4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One. Be warned: if this is your first Trials game, your friends list is going to be fully populated with much, much better players than you – at first.

1. soggmeadmug

Not for PC.

#1 3 months ago
  2. adge_uk

That is incredible.

#2 3 months ago
  3. artursz1993

holy balls

#3 3 months ago
  4. TheWulf

Okay, I have to concur, Bren. I wasn’t sure at the start, and I did roll my eyes at the plane crash, but it just ascended from there and became ever more rad with each passing moment. So I think I have to concur, that’s a really, really great map. Bit of a lukewarm opening, but beyond that?

The hopping across bluff-like stones over the water made me smile, the cave was aptly suspenseful, and my heart skipped a beat at the ruins*; and then suddenly we’re taking a trip down to the earth’s cradle it looks like, on a bike, because I don’t know why! And then more jumping over water, and more ruins, and then… SCIENCE**. Particularly smooth, clean art deco SCIENCE too, that goes upside down as though it were a grav ramp of some kind. Then underwater, and DOLPHINS***! And I have to say that at that point, I was really feeling it.

* – I don’t know what it is about the ruins of ancient civilisations, but they’ve always been a romantic thing to me. I mean, it’s nice to think that somewhere, out there, in the untouched parts of the world, there are still aspects of civilisations long gone that have left some really beautiful aesthetics that now exist as part of nature. And that one day, someone might find it, and say ‘wow, that’s nifty.’ (Ever an explorer at heart.)

** – This reminds me of Ratchet & Clank to some degree. I mean, there was stuff in those games that made me stop and think. For example, you’d have prisons or even just standard government or business installations where you’d have really bizarre access ways, like grav ramps, or floating platforms. I remember thinking to myself back then of how a pair of everyday workers would get out of their hovercars, put on their provided grav boots, and saunter along the ramp whilst talking about socio-economics upside-down (as real workers probably wouldn’t, but hey, it’s my fantasy).

*** – Dolphins make everything better.

Uh. What? Actually, yes it is.

Did it make you feel empowered to say that, though? Do you feel empowered? If so, you might want to get your head examined.

#4 3 months ago
  5. soggmeadmug

@TheWulf This track isn’t available for the pc version.

#5 3 months ago